Recent content by escalibur

1. escalibur

1 bit DAC launched by TOPPING

I meant the measurements, not the extra features. PEQ will be appriciated feature by some.
  2. escalibur

1 bit DAC launched by TOPPING

It will probalby as boringly good as current 'good enough' DACs can be. I really wish Topping could release more DAC & amp combos (fully balanced / no nonesense/barebone features models / 110% forcus on Q/A control and durability / more color options apart from black / silver / extra slim models...
  3. escalibur

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

New driver for many Topping DACs: 2023-10-18 15:16 Adapted products: E30, E30 II, EX5, E50, E70, E70 Velvet, D10, D10s, D10Bal, D30Pro, D50, D50s, D70, D70s, D70 Pro SABRE, D70 Pro OCTO, D90, D90MQA, D90SE, D90LE, DX1, DX3 Pro, DX3 Pro+, DX5, DX5 Lite, DX7s, DX7 Pro, DX7 Pro+, DX9, U90, DM7...
  4. escalibur

Thanks for the information! I misinterpret it with the ifi ZEN DAC V2 which has non-MQA firmware available.
  5. escalibur

Now when MQA is removed from Tidal, is there a proper way to disable it on E50 side as well? I think I saw a firmware which removed MQA support as a whole?
  6. escalibur

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

I suggest that you contact Topping's support and ask them about your options. https://www.tpdz.net/contact Gladly my unit was worked flawlessly after my previous report. *knock knock* Hopefully it will continue to work, because I would not like to send my unit to China and probably wait forever...
  7. escalibur

Replacement for Hifiman Sundara

I would recommend you to test DT 1990 Pro with Elite Velour pads + oratory1990 EQ. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gkvsu9nlhjwqf2/Beyerdynamic%20DT1990%20%28Dekoni%20Elite%20Velours%20Earpads%29.pdf?dl=0
  8. escalibur

I would be more worried about the durability of the display. For some reason I would still prefer physical buttons over displays because something tells me that those displays wont last 'forever'.
  9. escalibur

Fyi, Topping's official statement as an email reply regarding the '-5 error code': My amp is working again. I will monitor the situation in case I face the same error code again.
  10. escalibur

My unit seems to be hit with the -5 error code. :( After powering on -5 code appears for a few seconds then it gets replaced by the volume number. Powering off, trying SE or BAL outputs doesn't matter -> no sound. The unit is already on the latest firmware. Last night it worked normally and...
  11. escalibur

Topping has released new drivers for most of their recent DACs: https://www.tpdz.net/newsinfo/820095.html
  12. escalibur

What is the current situation with -5 error code? Have any of you noticed some new reports of faulty units? I'm still tempted to update my A90 to this model.
  13. escalibur

-5 error code seems to be more common than it probably should. I hope Topping will release updated version where this issue has been addressed. Currently I would hesitate to buy second hand unit, especially with no warranty or uncertain warranty terms.
  14. escalibur

This error seems to be common enough not to buy an A90D without a warranty. I really hope Topping will find a proper fix whatever that might be.
  15. escalibur

How common this issue is nowadays? I'm planning to upgrade my A90 to A90D but this issue makes me thinking will I be forced to RMA my unit to whatever place the used unit might be bought from.
Top Bottom