Recent content by Erici

1. E

Two audiophiles walk into a bar... (finish the joke)

An objective audiophile walks into a bar with a box. He meets his subjective audiophile friend. His subjective friend asks "what's in the box". The objective friend says "Speakers. If you can tell me how many are in the box, I will give you both of them". The subjective friend guesses three or...
  2. E

Two audiophiles walk into a bar... (finish the joke)

Two audiophiles walk into a bar and up to the female bartender. The first audiophile says "I'd like a spinoroma please". The bartender says "I get off at 10". The audiophile says "thanks but I need to listen to my new speakers tonight".
  3. E

Dirac Live Exclamation Mark issue

Maybe @Flak could chime in? He works for Dirac and has been helpful before.
  4. E

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

There are 2 on the spinorama.org site. Pierre has done a amazing job compiling data on a large number of speakers! https://www.spinorama.org/eqs.html?sort=date&reverse=false&search=jbl Scroll down to the A130
  5. E

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

Why does my music sound better when I increase the volume? What dB level should I play my music for the best fidelity? What is the best way to audition new speakers at a showroom? Can I just buy speakers using measurements for comparison? What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a...
  6. E

How to stop picking your nose

I just saw on the internet that some random guy recommended Crazy Glue on the lips to stop snoring. And then he said Measurements Don't Matter.....
  7. E

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

Here is a link to an online calculator that will tell you how loud (in dB) the music will be based on speaker sensitivity and amplifier output. It also shows the relative loudness of various environments. At a normal listening distances you should be fine...
  8. E

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

I have the x3500h also and use the Audyssey MultEQ Editor app and it works very well for me. It costs $20 from Google or Apple and gives you much more control than standard Audyssey. I'd recommend trying it before you buy more hardware...
  9. E

B&W DM601 S3 In Room Response Measurement / Suggestions?

I use EQAPO with the Peace front end and find the combination fairly user friendly, so I would recommend downloading both. They are both free and accept the EQ file you can create using REW. Here are the links: https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/...
  10. E

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

You can use a calculator to determine how loud the Elac speakers will play at various distances with different amplifiers. The majority of people are satisfied with 95 dB at the listening position. http://www.hometheaterengineering.com/splcalculator.html
  11. E

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Just saw that Crutchfield is selling the Elac DBR-62 for $525 now. Best price I've seen... https://www.crutchfield.com/p_970DBR62BK/ELAC-Debut-Reference-DBR62-Walnut.html
  12. E

Blind test listening results by professional audio engineers in the Los Angeles area

Point taken. I guess results implied data....
  13. E

Blind test listening results by professional audio engineers in the Los Angeles area

Unfortunately that's all the author provided. You're welcome to ask him for more if you'd like.
  14. E

I like that quote in your byline: “Beliefs are hypotheses to be tested, not treasures to be guarded." - Philip Tetlock I think it's human nature to turn our beliefs into facts (somewhat automatically) and then defend our facts by ignoring any contrary evidence.
  15. E

If you don't like the result, discredit the test. Sounds like politics!
Top Bottom