Recent content by eric tee

1. E

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

As a former furniture carpenter, purely in terms of aesthetics. Wood is wood. For my space, if purely aesthetics come first when choosing speakers. There are many very interesting speakers in this chain. Here's a continuation of the bunch Meili Audio mid-century modern entertainment console...
  2. E

I myself am not able to find a commonality in that. But as said, arguing about matters of taste would be somewhat pointless :).
  3. E

Best budget studio monitors 6.5-8 inch at up to $1K a pair?

I have promised to look possible options for a new 2.0 system for my friend. In the price category under 1000 euros . Without using Sub. The use would be almost 100% for listening to music, not needing for lowest lows freqs. Aprox in space (non-treated room) 20m2. Does anyone have experience...
  4. E

I guess this is to some extent of the topic, but I didn't feel it necessary to open a new thread... For some reason, over the years I have become more and more attached to the Genelec 8000 series design language. The most beautiful in the world? Hardly. But for speakers that are within the...
  5. E

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

Has the initial poster considered the significance of the lack of audio memory when making the choice. Comparing the speaker you listened to for example half a year ago with the speaker you are listening to today... It might be a bit challenging. Not to mention the influence of different...
  6. E

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

Some thoughts after using this device for one day: -system; laptop win11 Spotify premium --> usb c to usb c dl200 --> trs to xlr Genelec 7350 (6.35mm to Hifiman Sundara) --> xlr to Genelec 8340 -no need to download drivers from SMSL, out of the box worked already in USB 2.0 mode -with 8340`s no...
  7. E

Gradient Helsinki 1.5 https://www.stereophile.com/content/john-atkinson-november-2010
  8. E

Genelec 1022A. It was in production from 1985 to 1990. Designed by Ilpo Martikainen and Ari Varla. Casing was made of fiberglass. I have heard these couple of times, years ago. Strange looking speakers. 405 x 735 x 365 mm 25 kg / each...
  9. E

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

Alea iacta est. Ordered this device from Amazon today. Will update experience, when I have some. SMSL will replace Yamaha wxc-50.
  10. E

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Thank You, Have been reading this site for years. Before registration.
  11. E

The kit we bought, our current setups

Current set for living room is Genelec 7350+8340 2ch, for computer Genelec G2 2ch. My aim to change is, to get rid of sub. There are two possible options for this; 2x 7350 or 2x 1032C. I am not antisub, but my apartment has some difficulties to place subs. Radiotors placement, and huge wall of...
  12. E

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Hello, fellow friends of (good and affordable) audio. I`m a male, in decent age of 60`s. From my first ever salary, bought stereos. What else. Pretty much countless amount of conserts and live music, have been in my life from early teenage. Not so much of a equipment oriented, I suppose. Music...
  13. E

How to Support Audio Science Review

Absolutely Yes. I am very tired, of this new culture of, so called "rewievs". That is in reality, pure marketing. But not so pure. Without releaving connections, to sellers (or other connections). Most of those so called reviews, are complete garbage. "This device is absolutely AMAZING", again...
  14. E

I made ito_O. Somewhat amazing, to myself. Was not too easy, my bank made some security checks. But I made it. From now on, I will call myself as it-banking expert. Have to print some new presentation cards.
  15. E

Ok, I will try that. My it-skills, are very very limited.
Top Bottom