Recent content by envydd

1. E

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

I love the flex. Su9 is brighter to my ears. Flex is smoother like the akm dacs. Resolution wise - same to my ears. Bass is better on flex. This is before room correction and EQ which the su9 can’t do. Best dac imo for the price.
  2. E

No the r3 is in my larger room from day 1. I use a purifi power amp with a minidsp flex. I have also tried with other dacs like smsl su9. FWIW I initially found the r3 to be dark. It took 3 mo to open up.
  3. E

I love the R3, especially at louder volumes and in my large room. I have moved my ls50s to my smaller rooms.
  4. E

I have both and I can’t make out a huge difference in most streaming recordings. The upper frequencies in the meta are a little smoother though. I also have the R3 which can play louder and lower but don’t sound much better the LS50s either. Measurements aside: The LS50s have won our hearts due...
  5. E

Kef Reference 1 vs LS50M w subs

Thank you. Will look for it when it’s live.
  6. E

Could you please share your measurements of your reference 1 meta? I would love to compare the reference 1 meta and the r3
  7. E

my impressions: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/kef-reference-and-blade-meta-announced-but-where-is-the-r-meta.30987/post-1171251
  8. E

KEF Reference and Blade Meta announced, but where is the R Meta?????

I would also like to compare with a ref 1. Unfortunately no one has that in stock near me.
  9. E

I have a R3 and I auditioned a Ref3 meta. Both in 500sqft rooms. My own room is not treated at all but we have sectionals to absorb some sound. Also both listening configs are 10ft equilateral triangle. At the store they used expensive parasound gear. At home I use minidsp and purifi. I listened...
  10. E

There are too many variables but this was a 500sqft room with 10K USD+ power amps etc .... I guess I made the mistake of hearing the blades. Its psychoacoustics :) Once you hear the blades, everything is just ok ..... Maybe I did not articulate well - The Reference 3 was very smooth, mellow and...
  11. E

Folks, I auditioned the reference 3 meta at a local dealer today along with the blades (non meta). They were matched with Parasound. The reference 3 meta was very smooth and neutral at about 75dB SPL at about 3m. The blades were wow .... 3D, the speakers vanished :) At high volumes the...
  12. E

Best preamp for Hypex nc250

why not use a minidsp flex instead of the rme. I was torn between the two and went the minidsp route. I miss the nice display of the rme but I wanted a sub for my ls50 and tinker with room correction
  13. E

Best preamp for Hypex nc250

Depends on the room size. I find the topping pa5 way more than enough for my small 14x14 study with a ls50. My bigger 20x25 room had a 502mp to drive a pair of r3 but used to have a ls50 which I never pushed beyond 30pc power. I listen below or at 75-80db and sit at about 10ft from the speakers.
  14. E

Adventures in Purifi : Audiofonics MPA 400 ET Monobloc Vs NAD C298 Power Amplifiers

Interesting to see that the purifi didn’t sound as good as a nuprime st10.
  15. E

miniDSP Flex

The other option is to get an integrated amp or a DAC with DSP (e.g. NAD C658) ..... more expensive. I agree if your time is more expensive, its better to buy a NAD ..... even reading this forum is an investment/expenditure ;)
Top Bottom