Recent content by enricoclaudio

1. enricoclaudio

Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 Review (Streamer & DAC)

As soon you plug a headphone in any of the two headphones outs, both, XLR and RCA outputs turn OFF.
  2. enricoclaudio

Matrix Audio X-SABRE 3 DAC/Streamer Official Thread

I can hear the noise only if I place my ear literally touching the unit which I never do. BTW, my ARCAM ST60 has the same noise. That noise is LCD screen related and it does not affect SQ at all.
  3. enricoclaudio

You are going to love it!! Check that your X-SABRE 3 has the latest firmware as it fix all the reported bugs from initial release.
  4. enricoclaudio

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

Starting today, SHD is Roon Ready :) https://roonlabs.com/partners/minidsp
  5. enricoclaudio

miniDSP Flex

More than a stripped down SHD, this is more like a refined/upgraded version of the 2x4 HD + DDRC-24. It has the same processor as the 2x4 HD, in fact, it uses the same 2x4 HD plugin but also you can upgrade it to Dirac Live and have both, 2x4 HD plugin + Dirac Live plugin and switch between...
  6. enricoclaudio

Zeos review of the X-SABRE 3 is up. Now we need @amirm do the real review with measurements ;)
  7. enricoclaudio

A DAC could be Roon Tested (Not Roon Ready) which is another category. You can read about Roon Ready and Roon Tested categories in Roon Labs website. https://roonlabs.com/partners
  8. enricoclaudio

Roon Ready means that the equipment works with Roon RAAT without the need to be connected to a computer. Any Roon Ready device passes through a series of tests done by Roon Labs to certified that the equipment works with Roon without any glitches.
  9. enricoclaudio

DAC to DAC there is only 2dB SINAD difference so I would say they should sound the same. Both are fully transparent. Also the original X-SABRE Pro MQA is not Roon Ready and no streaming capabilities.
  10. enricoclaudio

I agree that if the X-SABRE 3 is going to be used only as DAC connected into a PC, even with Roon, then a Topping D90SE would be your best choice. BTW, price difference between the X-SABRE 3 and D90SE is more than $2K.
  11. enricoclaudio

Hegel H95 Review (Streaming Amplifier)

WOW….. This and the Roon Certification delayed for almost 2 years is going to piss off a few current owners. I always thought Hegels were overpriced piece of gears. Now that we can see what is under the hood, I’m glad never took a chance with them. You can find much better gear for less $$$.
  12. enricoclaudio

GoldenEar BRX Review (high-end Bookshelf Speaker)

Fixed it. It was Bitdefender blocking it... Weird..
  13. enricoclaudio

GoldenEar BRX Review (high-end Bookshelf Speaker)

Can’t open the review in my iMac nor in my MacBook Pro. Only opens in my iPhone.
  14. enricoclaudio

Yes, just Go to Settings/Auto Dimmer and set it OFF.
  15. enricoclaudio

Lindemann Limetree Review (streamer)

Let me explain. Back in 2017, Roon Labs informed all their partners that by Sep 2020 all Roon Ready devices had to be certified by Roon Labs in order to work as Roon end points. Before that, manufactures just used to implement Roon’s RAAT protocol without any testing done by Roon. This caused...
Top Bottom