Recent content by EMCCM

1. E

Fosi Audio TB10D Amplifier Review

I received my TB10D ($60 Amazon Cyber Monday) and my third WiiM Mini ($80 Cyber Monday), and hooked them up to my 2004 NHT SB3’s that I haven’t used since receiving my BMR Towers. All I can say is I’m incredibly impressed about the power and subjective sound quality for the money. I can’t tell a...
  2. E

DAC Recommendation for Wiim Mini or Pro

Yea, I’m curious about this as well. I was under the impression that the internal DAC really is fairly decent, and assumed if I wanted a “significant” upgrade I’d be spending in the $500+ territory to make it “worth it”. Saying this as I am highly skeptical I would notice this difference. If a...
  3. E

Preamp for Hypex NC502MP

I guess a flex makes the most sense to me. As above, had a pretty decent DAC, DSP (Dirac if you want it), and can stream via bluetooth or just buy a WiiM Mini streamer and connect via optical or USB. There’s plenty of pre-amps that will work fine for your purposes. Topping Pre90 is a very nice...
  4. E

SALE A PAIR OF GENELEC 8040

Ahh, that explains it. I am in Chicago/USA, so looking for something more local. Also, just a friendly FYI, the forum rules state you must place a "requested price", along with where you are willing to ship, etc...
  5. E

SALE A PAIR OF GENELEC 8040

Where are you located? What is the asking price?
  6. E

Help choosing "layout" of separate components (streamer, dac, preamp, etc)

I understand what you mean, thank you. Flex is starting to look like a really good option.
  7. E

My current (technics from the 80's I think... I def will be upgrading this within a year) has no internal phono stage. I already have an old Arcam (1990's I think) pre-amp with a phono stage that I can use in the meantime if I end up going with a table that has an internal phone stage.
  8. E

Yes, thanks, that is helpful! Yea, I meant I need a phono stage so need a pre-amp regardless. That's a fair point regarding the TV, I really don't care much about ultra high fidelity from that output as long as my CD player and bluesound aren't limited, which they wouldn't be since they can be...
  9. E

Only problem is that I still need a pre-amp for the turntable still. And SPDIF splitters I thought limit the bit rate?
  10. E

Ah hah... yes... of course it will. I am currently using an AVR so hadn't had it wired up that way, but previously did. So that's one part solved. Still technically have two many digitals for the Topping: TV to pass TV/Xbox/Switch Bluesound CD player
  11. E

Hi All, ** If someone knows of a separate thread that outlines how I should go about solving my question, please point me to it, apologies if this is an unnecessary thread. ** I will be obtaining the BMS Towers soon after running NHT bookshelf's for about 20 years and finally having the...
Top Bottom