Recent content by elliott

1. E

Change in Requirement for Posting Items for Sale

This is the way. It should be pinned to the top of the FS section. It has saved me more than once.
  2. E

more durable er2xr

So I'm sending back my second pair of ety's in the last 30 days. I bought the BT ER2XR and the cable started to pull apart from the little module that held the control buttons, and today I'm sending back a pair of wired ER2XRs because the audio is starting to cut out in both ears if the cable...
  3. E

Best Bluetooth in ear monitors for running

Super late response, but I ended up with a cheapo Fiio lc-bt1... basically the smallest bt cable i could find. The Etys don't take standard MMC connectors because of a little bump on them, but if you're ok cutting that off, you could just swap between bt and cable which is what I do.
  4. E

Apple Music vs Tidal

Also something to note is that apple gets 24 bit masters from artists and compresses those, not CD rips, so the version you're hearing on Apple Music may not be the same version elsewhere. For a lot of funk music at least, I prefer Apple's versions better despite differences in sound quality.
  5. E

Mark Levinson 5909, new ANC wireless cans that advertise use of the Harman curve

Just say this article here. Can't wait to read a review.
  6. E

Review and Measurements of Paradigm PW-Link Streamer/DAC

I still here pops, just not between tracks, but i never heard them between tracks. If you have gapless playback, you probably won't hear pops between tracks (I don't), but I do hear pops between apps so I'm guessing the popping is somehow related to gaps in signal. My setup is airport express...
  7. E

Is there anything better then a Airport Express?

It really does. I’ve replaced the hdmi extractor for an airport express because I doubt any of those hdmi extractors even have public spec sheets.
  8. E

Apple Music vs Tidal

There shouldn't be a perceptible quality difference, but there will be a difference in source materials. I've had both and plenty of albums sounded different, but I think it's mostly because, AFAIK, Apple requires 24bit studio masters that they internally compress vs wherever Tidal gets source...
  9. E

Buckeye Nc502mp Review (6 Channel Amplifer)

I recently purchased an amp from @Buckeye Amps and couldn't be more pleased. Using them to drive a pair of LX Minis and got a 6 channel for my upcoming subwoofer build.
  10. E

That’s was me that said it. Yeah I’m sure AirPlay works with windows. i meant If you’re in the apple ecosystem airport express are great, that statement doesn’t also mean if you’re in the windows ecosystem it wont be great, but I can see how that could be confusing. My bad. Back to the thread...
  11. E

Seems like you've made it to the promise land to me. I'm in the same position and I just hate the day when my APEs die on me.
  12. E

If you're in the Apple ecosystem, I'm not sure there's much better, especially at the 35 dollars they go for on ebay. I remember reading a Ken Rockwell review (take that with a grain of salt), but passing uncompressed ALAC over the air and feeding that into a DAC from the SPDIF output, whole...
  13. E

HBK Headphone Measurement Talks from Head-Fi and Sean Olive

In it's defense, I think 20 years ago even the concept of ASR was unheard of. Back in the early 2000s a budding headphone enthusiast like myself was pretty desperate for a community.
  14. E

looking for a streamer/DAC with Airplay 2 + wifi to connect Adam active speakers

From the link, looks like it's 100USD. I looked at this a little while ago as it's kind of the only game in town. I ended up getting an old airport express for 35 dollars on ebay.
  15. E

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

This makes me sad... so sad. I was hoping to come to ASR to cut through the BS of expensive headphones and get some cans at a reasonable price with great audio, but sometimes the best does in fact come at a cost.
Top Bottom