Recent content by Elitzur–Vaidman

1. E

Which DAC/AMP combo for my Focal Clear OG ?

My issue was with the potentiometer and its lack of low-level granularity. Glad it's working well for you though!
  2. E

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

Yeah, it happened in my left iem and I already have pretty massive hearing loss in my left ear, so idk how long it took for me to notice the issue. But this was definitely after a few hundred hours of use.
  3. E

You're almost certainly correct, and I think I have a pair of spare filters from when I bought the reds. I'm on a trip right now, so I'll have to check when I get home. My initial impression is that the zero 2 has better deep base but slightly recessed high mids. The reds have an overall more...
  4. E

My left Zero-red recently lost like 15-20dB of output. Just ordered a 7hz zero 2 as an interim replacement
  5. E

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

Ooof. Give me a Wiim+Topping DAC over this any day
  6. E

AI Music & Music Ecosystem Thesis experiment

Hi Mark. You might benefit from including an estimate for how long this survey takes. I wasn't anticipating having to take time to actively listen to things.
  7. E

FiiO CP13 Portable Compact Audio Cassette Player Available for Pre-order (if you're quick)

Spoiler: It uses the same crappy cassette mechanism as any other modern cassette.
  8. E

FiiO JD7

The Zeros' fit isn't ideal, but it's miles ahead of the JD7.
  9. E

FiiO JD7

Nahh, Truthear Zero: Red has a better tonality imo and a much better fit
  10. E

Topping G5 - Is the battery serviceable ?

I included an AliExpress link above.
  11. E

Yeah. To be honest I just checked the markings on the battery and googled PN 805080. I found a whole mess of 8mmx50mmx80mm 4000mAh 3.7V batteries, so I think its a semi-standard battery type.
  12. E

Looks like you can get close to a drop-in replacement from amazon or aliexpress.
  13. E

Upgrading from Soundsticks

I agree that the elacs are a good option. You will need an amp, but something as simple as an Aiyima A07 (or whatever the current recommended budget amp is) would be fine. I think the genelecs you listed probably won't get loud/deep enough.
  14. E

Thanks. I just spent a little while browsing FB marketplace to see if anything stood out in your area. Nothing yet unfortunately
  15. E

Where in NY? I'd have to guess you're not looking across the entire state.
Top Bottom