Recent content by Elephen

1. E

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Thanks. I have an inexpensive steamer that I hate and have put back in its box, but was able to connect the Mac to the streamer via Ethernet and relocate the DAC/headphone amp near my bed for late night listening. With the current set up, the Mac runs 24/7, the Benchmark DAC and Marantz AVR each...
  2. E

What does a streamer give me that I don’t have now?
  3. E

At the moment, my Mac mini is running Audirvana Origin. The Mac is connected to a Benchmark DAC2 HGC, which is connected to a Marantz Cinema 70s AVR via RCA inputs. I do not stream Tidal or Qobuz, but those services are available if I upgrade to Audirvana Studio. What will I gain by interposing...
  4. E

PrimaLuna Dialogue Seven Tube Amp Review

I’m not an engineer, and I’ve never owned a tube anything. However, I have to wonder whether reviewing a 15-year-old piece of equipment really tells us much about the quality of the product when new or the quality of newer products by the same manufacturer. In other words, did the owner give...
  5. E

Here’s my electronics wishlist. (1) Every AVP and AVR will have a USB-B input; and (2) every 2-channel receiver will have an HDMI eARC input.
  6. E

PS Audio PowerPlant 3 Review

For years, I have wanted to ask Paul McGowan to explain how an expensive power cable attached to a PowerPlant improves the sound even more. Thanks.
  7. E

Audioquest GO-4 Speaker Cable Review

Would this speaker cable work better if it used an automobile battery?
  8. E

Two-channel AVRs

Brave, I appreciate your reply. I’ll keep my eyes open.
  9. E

Two-channel AVRs

GXAlan, Thanks for your reply. You raised some good issues
  10. E

Two-channel AVRs

Thanks for the link. I‘m pretty certain that I’ve never seen a stereo amplifier that has multiple HDMI inputs.
  11. E

Two-channel AVRs

Most of the higher-priced AVRs offer 11 or more channels of processing. In fact, the units that offer fewer channels of processing tend to have cheaper DACs and less power. I have a large library of motion pictures, and the audio tracks for the vast majority of them are in mono, stereo, or 5.1...
  12. E

Octave Music Don Grusin High Resolution Music Analysis (Video)

Of course, you might be right. The DSD version of Willie Nelson’s “Stardust” album wasn’t a big improvement, if any, over the CD version. In most cases, however, I don’t have a CD or PCM version of my DSD albums, so I can’t compare the formats.
  13. E

Octave Music Don Grusin High Resolution Music Analysis (Video)

I am not disputing Amir’s measurements of that PS Audio file, but DSD files sound more analog to my old ears when I’m listening to music via my Sennheiser HD-600 headphones and Benchmark DAC2 HGC. I generally do not listen to files on the day I download them, and I don’t do blind listening...
  14. E

PS Audio PowerPlant 12 Review (AC Regenerator)

For a long time, I have wanted to ask Paul McGowan why he recommends using an after-market power cable to connect his power regenerators to the AC mains. If these devices actually remove all the witches in the power coming from the AC mains, the power cable connected to the AC mains should not...
Top Bottom