Recent content by EL_PW

1. EL_PW

Rogers LS3/5a (BBC) Speaker Review

I considered buying a pair of these a few years ago because I was looking for speakers that were designed to enhance the frequency band of the human voice. I don't think these were ever designed for music reproduction. I think the BBC wanted to make the news announcers voices delivering the...
  2. EL_PW

Refreshing movies worth watching

A Room With A View (1987) Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf (1966) It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World (1963) Auntie Mame (1958) The Hidden Fortress (1958) The Fifth Element (1997) La Strada (1954) Matador - (1986) "I've never seen such happiness."
  3. EL_PW

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Rotel Fans Unite! Music Direct is currently a Rotel dealer and has a number of the MKXX series components (pre, amp, cd) on sale as "open box". A few weeks ago I ordered the pre amp RC-1590 MKII (Black) "open box" for $1,840 down from $2,300. Funny thing is, it appears to be new. Was still...
  4. EL_PW

The Acoustics of Stonehenge: Researchers Build a Model to Understand How Sound Reverberated within the Ancient Structure

Looks like the BBC is trying to recycle the article in a very lazy way: https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/20230601-what-did-stonehenge-sound-like
  5. EL_PW

Hypex DIY Preamplifier Kit Review

They should offer another XLR in as a card for the cutout.
  6. EL_PW

ZeroSurge 2R15W Surge Protector Review

Too true! Currently using network grade power distribution units (PDU's) with resettable breakers for office equip and audio. Built like tanks. So far so good.
  7. EL_PW

Rotel RB-1070 Amplifier Review

That's the only issue I've had with this unit. Numerous times when attaching speaker cables I have touched the wires together and blown one or more fuses. Now I keep a supply of those fuses on hand. Oh sure I could just turn the power off before switching cables. And yet I never do. :facepalm:
  8. EL_PW

Yes... interesting is a good word. :)
  9. EL_PW

This is my unit I sent in. I bought it new in 2006 at Hi Fi Buys in Nashville, Tennessee. Retail price was $700 but I got it for $650 as part of a matching set with the RC-1070 pre amp, and the RCD 1072 cd player and a pair of Revel Performa M-22 speakers. I still have all the pieces and they...
  10. EL_PW

Expert Talk: What Is Bandwidth and Why Do I Care?

Looking forward to it. :)
  11. EL_PW

ASR Forum Member Tag/Title Descriptions

I'd like to formally request a title of Table Dancer. Although technically those white shoes in my avatar pic are dancing on a bar. Technically.
  12. EL_PW

Sabaj A10d 2022 Version Review (DAC & Amp)

A word of warning about the Sabaj A10 D. When I opened the box and plugged mine into a set of Genelec 8010A's I found out very quickly that the Sabaj had been set at the factory to MAX VOLUME. It nearly blew me across the room with sound pressure. Fortunately the Genelecs were not damaged. Not...
  13. EL_PW

Carver Raven 350 Review (Tube Amp)

I'm happy because the Carver bumped my Luxman Tub Amp up to third worst. Makin' progress! :)
  14. EL_PW

Sabaj A10d 2022 Version Review (DAC & Amp)

This unit with any of the Genelec 8000 series plugged into the balanced outs and a cheap laptop with all your music on it plugged into the USB in and bada-boom, bada-bing; Reference Level Hi-Fi Audio. And you can take that to the bank.
Top Bottom