Recent content by EJ3

1. E

NAD 2200 Vintage Amplifier Review

Note the differences in the frequency response plot and the SINAD. They are both better when you run it using the LAB INPUTS (that is true whether you are running bridged mono or not) : NAD 2200 Vintage Amplifier Review Wow, we have one kilowatt of power coming out of this amp in short...
  2. E

What is the point of CD rips?

Because you may not be able to find the mastering that you prefer. In my case a lot of storied audio gear travels with me. (& I tend to to places that don't get a cellphone signal)
  3. E

NAD 2200 Vintage Amplifier Review

And don't believe the negative hype, either. Just know that in great hands (for refurbishment [not just a basic re-capping] & a bit of modding, while keeping the design circuitry the same) will result in a very high rating amplifier (when using the lab inputs). If all is working correctly, it...
  4. E

Why do humans like jazz?

If the singing was left out, it's possible that some infantismal amount of opera would be tolerable.
  5. E

New Schiit SYN - Analog Surround Sound Processor

I wish that it had a .2 or .4 (pair or quad subs) to the output.
  6. E

Why do humans like jazz?

I have actually heard ('some') classical live that Liked, I can't say that about Opera (Dead or Alive).
  7. E

Spyware In Cars - It's Worse Than You Think

Well. there are many hat say that we should work out more. I guess that "round" is not one of the shapes in "you need to get into shape".
  8. E

Lenire Tinnitus Treatment

On 2 I got to choose my music and on 2 others I got given ear plugs. I have tinnitus that varies from barely there to "what did you say?" when someone breaks the outside world silence. For some reason it does no affect music listening, either live, though speakers or headphones (I wouldn't know...
  9. E

Technics SL 1210GR2 Turntable

I suspect that would be pretty hard to notice for most people listening to one side of an LP & then turning it over to listen to the other side. Perhaps some drummer's might be better than he average person at catching that.
  10. E

Many of us renegades have mobile phones that are not smartphones.
  11. E

I was on an island (Saipan) that was with out power for about 4 months in around 2015 (due to some terrible government planning for a typhoon with 200 + MPH winds. Only one person died because of the storm (trying to ride it out in a condemned building is not the best of ideas). We did not have...
  12. E

Yes, but you have to be one of the outliers that doesn't care what others think. For us (maybe not for others), it requires being able to be vegetarians (but we prefer having meat), the ability to raise our own vegetables (a yard with some raised beds so we don't have to stoop frequently), the...
  13. E

There is a self contained "Black Box" (like in an airplane) that is hidden somewhere in the vehicle. It records the last minute or so of what the car is doing all the time. You do not own this box (even though you paid for it). Your insurance company does not own this box. (but is authorized to...
  14. E

The 2011 BMW sends telemetry: yes it does.
  15. E

Technics SL 1210GR2 Turntable

It has been refurbished about 10 years ago & since then I have replaced the drive belt to the linear tracking arm. I also have a refurbished DUAL 1229 with an American walnut plinth that I gave as a gift to my mother for her system. She has it in almost daily use several hours a day, playing...
Top Bottom