Recent content by Eidie

1. Eidie

Why?

I was clumsy, socially and intellectually, in my original post. It is inherent in an ostensibly review site that it is about consumption. I was trying, as said clumsily, to stimulate debate about consumption. I’m totally with you on your first 2 paragraphs. The same! As to the third... When...
  2. Eidie

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

All of Liz Frazer’s work on Massive Attack’s Mezzanine
  3. Eidie

Female Vocals: Stunning Recordings You Love

Great article on her: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/jul/27/laura-nyro-the-phenomenal-singers-singer-the-60s-overlooked
  4. Eidie

Why?

Imagine wanting a snack. And your fingers are right there. How convenient!
  5. Eidie

Why?

Thank you thefsb. Adds to understanding!
  6. Eidie

Why?

How efficient is that beast? Totally with you on the use of (some) resources. How many Watts does it consume for each Watt it puts out?
  7. Eidie

Why?

They or we? Do you not have agency. There is truth, I believe, to the sedating power of consumption. We all have power. How we spend. How we consume. “We buy because we are told to and it is what my class of people do.” Do you not have free will?
  8. Eidie

Why?

Absolutely. It requires economy wide solutions. As individuals that is beyond our scope. We all have power. How we choose to spend.
  9. Eidie

Why?

I did S-level biology in the late ‘80s. One question on the final exam was: “You are what you eat. Discuss” My answer: True, if cannibal. I passed.
  10. Eidie

Why?

You, gsp1971, are imbued with wisdom. This post I treasure. There are those with insight and care. Thank you.
  11. Eidie

Why?

https://www.fairphone.com/en/ Not perfect. A start
  12. Eidie

Why?

Well... You posited that the argument could be made. I agree. Make the argument!
  13. Eidie

Why?

Or the source as the problem?
  14. Eidie

Why?

Yes. Until the phone is no longer supported for security updates in 3 years. And then your bank account is empty and you have to sell your amp and speakers to buy a new phone. But otherwise yes.
  15. Eidie

Music to Cry For

Tori Amos, “Me and a gun”
Top Bottom