Recent content by egothrasher

1. E

Subwoofer Comparison

I have a fb marketplace Pb 1000 on sale for $250. I would assume that is a great deal? Only issue with buying discontinued products is finding another one so I can eventually have two. Another option is a SVS PB 2000 Pro on sale on ebay, $500. Minor cosmetic damage in corner due to shipping. I...
  2. E

Subwoofer Comparison

Looking at the scores and prices, it seems the best bet for under $600(amazon has it for $537) is the Monolith M10 V2. Anyone have any other recommendations under that price?
  3. E

Receiver Recommendation for 7.1.4

Ok narrowing choices down to the following: RZ50 ~$1000 Comes with Dirac, will need an external amplifier for 7.1.4, something to drive the last 2 heights. Thinking around $200 for the amplifier. X4800h ~1650, no Dirac, so another $350 for that. Again, will need an external amp for 7.1.4...
  4. E

Any comparisons to say the Pioneer LX305 or the Onkyo RZ50? Selling points for those are that they are cheaper and come with Dirac Live. I don't know which version of Dirac, as that could be an additional savings of $200-300 not including having to buy a $100 mic.
  5. E

I don't intend to blast and max out the volume or even get near the high end range of the speakers. I didn't know if amps were required or the receiver was enough for the setup. I appreciate the recommendations though and will look into it. Seems the amps are about as much as the receiver lol...
  6. E

Models I was looking at: Denon x3800h (~$1100) Denon x4800h (~$1600) Marantz Cinema 50 (~$1600) How can I find out which channels the receiver is able to do preout for. Because all those models have preouts for the majority of channels. Also, I will be using elac 2x floorstanding, 4x...
  7. E

Looking to upgrade my current setup from 5.1.2 to 7.1.4. I have a denon which has served me well, but has run out of channels. I was looking into the Denon (brand I've always used for receivers) especially the x3800h. I just read the review though and it seems it is not recommended. Are there...
  8. E

WTB: Kali In-5 or In-8

Looking to pick up a set of Kali In-5 or In-8. Thanks!
  9. E

Looking for Elac DBR62 or DFR52

Looking to purchase either DBR62 or DFR52 to slowly fill out my future theatre setup. Living in the Cincinnati Area, will pay for shipping depending on price. Thanks!
  10. E

DBR62 vs DIY Speakers

Thank you everyone for all your thought out and wonderful replies. I love hearing the pros and cons, especially from those that have tons of experience and first hand knowledge. That's why I post questions, to try and learn as much as I can from as many people as I can.
  11. E

Buying Used Speakers Kef Q750

Found a pair of Kef 750's on sale, $199 each. They were a floor model at best buy, and have signs of cosmetic use. Drivers, cones and all that look fine and functional. Will try and see if I can ask for lower because of the cosmetic damage. Doubt it though as they usually $800+ speakers...
  12. E

DBR62 vs DIY Speakers

I've unfortunately gone down the rabbit hole in terms of looking into DIY speakers. I was originally going to pick up a pair of used DBR 62's for around $425 without shipping. Then I go onto youtube and get bombarded with all these videos of DIY speakers, build $5000 speakers for around...
  13. E

$1000 Dollar Setup, Speaker Recommendations

It's going to be for a home theatre setup. Receiver most likely a 7.2 Denon, with 4k/120hz capability. Most likely will do the LCR for now, and then add on sub and rears later. Just a matter of picking the right bookshelf speakers. Zeos Highly recommends the Elac B5/6. Unfortunately these...
  14. E

$1000 Dollar Setup, Speaker Recommendations

Thank you all for your suggestions and feedback so far. How are the Jamo S809's? I was thinking of pairing those with the 803 for the rear. Built separately I could get it all for under $600, which includes two tower, center and two bookshelf.
Top Bottom