Recent content by egellings

1. E

Audiophilia and its discontents

"listening to dummy loads"? The sound of power resistors frying & popping open? I 'spoze. I did that once or twice. Ouch!
  2. E

$55000 Nordost cables for $60.

They'll find true believer followers who will buy the cables and then listen through them while enjoying a glass of Kool Aid.
  3. E

What a big vacuum tube! Single Ended Mono Block Power Amplifier

Agree. Anode voltages used in any audio tube amp are way too low to cause x-ray emission.
  4. E

Is this why some pay thousands for snake oil

It may not be accurate, but it has Big Tone, and that's what matters.
  5. E

Is this why some pay thousands for snake oil

Amen! I agree wholeheartedly.
  6. E

Equipment capability and cost do not always correlate, i.e. it's possible for a cheaper item to either outperform or at least equal the performance of a more expensive one. This is especially true when prices are stratospheric for what you get. Cables and other accessories are an example of this...
  7. E

Extreme Snake Oil

...and gathered leather seats!
  8. E

Why do records sound so much better than digital?

I think that the fiddly nature of vinyl is what makes it attractive. Arms, carts, preamps etc. can be endlessly changed around. With digital, well, it's a shiny object.
  9. E

Audioquest GO-4 Speaker Cable Review

High end audio (The High End) keeps trying to solve problems that were solved a long time ago. The foot race is over. You've crossed the finish line. Stop running.
  10. E

From Atmasphere - how to properly (and neatly) wire a vacuum tube amplifier...

Big reason is that women get paid less than men for the same work. That's what's driving it.
  11. E

...or your hearing is not good enough.
  12. E

New McIntosh Turntable

What is "sporty" about an oversized SUV?
  13. E

Time between posts

I have noticed the time limitation, too.
  14. E

Effect of Cannabis use on hearing

How would you smoke a food without using smoke, or a flavoring derived from smoke? What else produces that taste & smell sensation?
  15. E

Speaker cable indication.

Of course, if you enjoy fooling yourself that a particular loom (all the cables & cords in your system) sounds best, then enjoy, I guess.
Top Bottom