Recent content by Eddie

1. E

TempoTec Sonata BHD Pro Portable DAC & Amp Review

I don't know if this is due to latency at all, but it could be. So my idea was to check if LatencyMon shows a latency difference between the two firmware versions. If so, you may get a clue about the problem. For example, FW 1.01 may have changed something in the USB bridge causing unusually...
  2. E

Maybe LatencyMon can help you: https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
  3. E

Do you use the Windows UAC2 driver (usbaudio2.sys)?
  4. E

I'm curious: what exactly does "Popping/Cracking" mean? During normal playback? Or when changing sample rate? Or when starting/stopping/pausing? On Windows? In WASAPI exclusive mode? I would really like to know the scenarios.
  5. E

TANCHJIM Space Portable Headphone Adapter Review

Have you run the "Sounds" test on Windows (my first example)? This is the easiest and most reliable test as it does not require any additional software. >> but while checking drivers, mine are a bit different << Where did you get the ComTrue ctuac2.sys driver from? Since this device is UAC2...
  6. E

Thanks for your interest. The first thing you could do would be to simply use Windows 10. Open "Sounds", then double-click the device: Click "Advanced": Click "Test". The chime on each channel "should" start at the very beginning. By the way, these are the installed drivers: "usbaudio2.sys"...
  7. E

I just bought this device. And unfortunately there is a problem with the test of the default audio format in Windows 10 64-bit (Settings -> System -> Sound -> Device Properties -> Additional Device Properties -> Advanced -> Default Format -> Test). With any of the 24 available audio formats...
  8. E

In order to measure linearity (and also IMD and multitone) Amir would have to measure again using TempoTec's ASIO implementation. He measured with his ASIO emulator instead (whatever that is, possibly ASIO4All). This was also the case for the Tanchjim Space. You could try to persuade him. I...
  9. E

@amirm I'm wondering whether or not this THD+N "hump" in unbalanced mode is some sort of measurement error on your part?
  10. E

@amirm Why don't you use TempoTec's ASIO implementation for this device?
  11. E

Something is wrong with the unbalanced headphone output: This is also the case at 300 Ohm, but not as pronounced.
  12. E

And unfortunately no linearity and no IMD. @amirm Why did you leave out these tests?
  13. E

Do you use it on Windows 10/11? If so does it work with WASAPI? And does it "pop" when starting to play or when stopping or when changing the sample rate?
  14. E

Can someone please tell me whether or not this device a) works on Windows 10/11 with WASAPI (more specifically AUDCLNT_SHAREMODE_EXCLUSIVE and AUDCLNT_STREAMFLAGS_EVENTCALLBACK)? b) "pops" when starting to play or when stopping or when changing the sample rate? Thank you.
  15. E

Review and Measurements of JDS Labs EL DAC

This is really funny. Who do you think you are? The forum sheriff? The forum teacher? You do not decide about if and when someone "qualifies" for this forum. And dogma? LOL, I work with RX's spectrogram since 2007 and know how to visibly distinguish the attack time of a sound from its sustain...
Top Bottom