Recent content by echopraxia

1. E

Beolab 28

That’s a fair point — different coverage pattern options is a genuinely unique feature from these. That said, I would suggest anyone considering these to try a good multichannel system first in contrast; I find the enveloping “omni” effect of multichannel speakers (even with very simple stereo...
  2. E

Beolab 28

I don’t know where you’re getting this $825 figure. I said I find my $8k/pair Genelec 8351B to sound much better than the $80k/pair Beolab 90, at 1/10th the price. As for how I concluded in the Beolab’s good but unexceptional (vs Genelec) subjective performance? Like everyone else here, it’s...
  3. E

Beolab 28

I value all of those things; I just happen to personally find B&O’s design extremely unappealing and ugly to me personally, as I’ve explained above. But “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”, and so there’s nothing wrong with having a different opinion here on the aesthetics. But, what is not...
  4. E

Genelec Monitiors

I would recommend against the 8331/8341 as main speakers, unless you are a music professional specifically looking for a compact desktop mixing work setup, or considering them for surround duty in a multichannel setup. The reason is simply that the 8351B is not that much more expensive than the...
  5. E

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

Your English is so bad that I am not entirely sure what you are saying. (Perhaps if you wrote in your original language it would be clearer?) In any case, if you’re accusing me of being biased for Genelec, I think this implication is neither fair nor correct. I’ve owned many speakers, and am...
  6. E

People need to escape from this flawed way of thinking — it is entirely false/misguided to hope that any of us can infer anything meaningful about the performance of an active digital crossover speaker, based on internal components like DAC and amp specs. These speakers are designed as a...
  7. E

Your sentence is so unclearly phrased that I have no idea what you’re actually trying to say. Nothing I‘ve said disagrees with Genelec’s engineers. Feel free to point out anything specific you’d like to discuss.
  8. E

Beolab 28

In terms of subjective aesthetic preference? I think Sonus Faber makes some of the most beautiful speakers in the world in the wood/earthy tones variety (whereas e.g. Magico M speakers are beautiful in a more futuristic technological way — completely different kind of aesthetic, not necessarily...
  9. E

No, nor should you ever want to. The way it uses multiple DACs (one for each driver) is part of what makes these speakers so exceptional. Look up how active digital DSP speakers work if you want to understand why. Yea it’s pointless to have a fancy DAC feeding into a Genelec digital speaker...
  10. E

Beolab 28

The Beolab 90 should be much better than the 28s, and I found them extremely unimpressive for the price (as I say, Genelec’s at 1/10th the cost I find to be very clearly superior). I’ve heard the Beolab 18 and it was so clearly worse than the 90 that it wasn’t even worth spending any time...
  11. E

Beolab 28

100% Genelec > B&O aesthetics for me personally. But this is extremely subjective, and in no way is meant to invalidate your aesthetic preferences. Keeping that in mind — I personally find B&O hideously distasteful (a representation of esotericism for it’s own sake fighting to shut down...
  12. E

Beolab 28

Unless this particular style really matters to you, you can do far better with far less money with options like multichannel Genelec digital monitors. I guarantee you a similar amount spent on Genelec 8351B/8361A’s will absolutely blow away anything comparably priced from B&O — in every acoustic...
  13. E

You don’t even know what digital source I use, so you have less than no grounds for these absolutely ridiculous anti-scientific claims. Everything you say flies in the face of all the science and engineering we have on this subject. So again, the burden of proof therefore lies on YOU to...
  14. E

You need to stop spreading these nonsense claims, unless you’re willing to conduct a blind test to back it up — because what you’re saying blatantly contradicts the science. Extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence. To claim you think you hear subtle differences is one thing, but to...
Top Bottom