Recent content by Echoes

1. E

DAC ABX shootout - unable to distinguish between 10$ and 15k$

Hello, Thanks. To point out, listening tests was peformed with matches levels, 115 mV. Problem arrose with level matching with tube amps later on. I have contacted bottlehead and they suggested to load the headphone output when measuring - which I did not do beforehand. will test that later...
  2. E

Please help me on that. What I did is take a ripped cd, .flac format, but 30 seconds of it using audacity and exported to VAW. What exactly should I be comparing to what?
  3. E

Hi, 1) Yes, load (headphones) connnected to the amps too. 2) That was done in a following manner: 10 swiches between different sources per song, subject knows that each time its an different source. Subject needs to determine which source is which. 3) Most important difference with my ears was...
  4. E

Hello Stanroz, Just to point out, that in this comparison test both me and another "subject" were able to accurately say which one of the systems was playing. So I would say both the difference and sound signature could be determined on this one. ABX no doubt would be harder.
  5. E

Hello all and thank you again for active participation: This Friday evening I came in much better prepared: four songs clipped @ 30 second samples, same source (iPhone 13Pro using VLC), two systems to compare (Chord Dave vs Apple Lightning Dongle), volume matched using a small portable scope +...
  6. E

That was done using the Topping. I've also tried apple dongle with similar results. Will try on Chord Dave and Chord Mojo later this week, however I don't expect miracles. Could identify 1ms delay sound though MacBook speakers.
  7. E

Well I tried to perform some more testing.. Laptop speakers 1ms/2ms/5ms 10/10. But 5ms is the one I can hear. Others are for me were plain different sounds, not a differentiable delay. So really agree with your opinion that there might be something more to it.
  8. E

Chord 2Go/2U audio player was used as a digital source for Chord Dave and Topping D90 DAC's, Iphone for Chord Mojo and Lighting dongle. Do you see large downsides for using Ipad or Iphone as a source?
  9. E

I performed the using the Topping D90 + Topping A90 + HD650. USB output from my old Macbook pro, if it does matter. The room I performed the test was far from ideal, kitchen machine running, HVAC on etc.. After tiring hour of sine waves, results are: Audiocheck I post the test that I have...
  10. E

Seems to be a nice little kit, I guess the inner wiring is similar. Can you share your experience on do you hear the difference between it being in the signal path or bypassed? Testing blindly I could not tell with mine.
  11. E

Thank you all for participating in this thread. I know some of the topics are quite heated, and I need to remind everybody that is is purely My own experience with my setup and personal limitations that does not apply to your ears or your systems. Throughout the discussions I have already...
  12. E

1) Pink noise, however, to level match it, we used audacity recording input graph and were setting it to ‑10dB. This Friday we will perform adjustments using a scope on the headphone output voltage, as it has been pointed out that is more precise. Again, from the listening perspective, it seemed...
Top Bottom