Recent content by Ecaroh

1. E

Show us your Raspberry PIs, Intel NUCs and other mini PCs!

NiagaraPete, does Wifi work okay from within that metal case? And do you happen to have a photo showing the back side, with the S/PDIF outputs? Thanks.
  2. E

Cheap DAC with good SINAD measurement.

The E50 and the SMSL are virtually identical in price, and the SMSL supports Bluetooth and does not require an external power supply. Just pointing out things you probably know already. The tick mentioned by Dunring may or may not apply in your application.
  3. E

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review

"...a balanced DAC and an unbalanced preamp connecting to multiple other sources." :)
  4. E

I expect so, and I have one. (My post #640 above :))
  5. E

Yes, besides a DAC I have, primarily, a turntable with phono stage, and a TV; but also a cassette deck and an FM tuner, and occasionally a reel-to-reel. The S/PDIF out on my TV doesn't work right. So all have RCAs for output, though I expect I'll soon have a DAC that also has XLR. Not that...
  6. E

The only way to shift from the XLR to the RCA inputs is with a small switch located on the back panel, correct? It would be handy if the switch were more accessible, or if a remote were supplied. You could then switch between, say, a balanced DAC and an unbalanced preamp connecting to multiple...
  7. E

How do people feel about outriggers on speakers?

Ah, no wonder they look good. Thanks.
  8. E

How do people feel about outriggers on speakers?

Which outrigger product is this, DonR? They look better than what I've found to date. Thanks.
  9. E

SMSL D-6s Balanced DAC Review

Feesh, am I reading your test write-up of February 15 correctly, and all cases of D6-s pop are via the XLR outputs? No cases of a pop when using the RCA outputs? Thanks.
  10. E

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

Re: the speaker outputs, it used to be that Yamaha used these "push and grab" connectors on lower-end stuff, and binding posts on mid- to higher-end gear. See attached photo from my c. 1989 AX-500U integrated, similar if not identical to the binding posts used on my mid-'90s Arcam amps. Not...
  11. E

WTB/US: Used over ear headphones for $100 or so

I have a pair of AKG K501 in good shape. Look them up if not familiar. Nice sounding, unusual headphones. I will give you a good price; less than your $100.
  12. E

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Oakland, Calif USA
  13. E

SE to Balanced will help?

OK, I see. A way to test the Mani. Thanks.
  14. E

SE to Balanced will help?

Explain RCA shunt? Would appreciate.
  15. E

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

This one: https://a.aliexpress.com/_EHTv1Dl
Top Bottom