Recent content by Easternlethal

1. E

Choices of eq+cossover device that is as good as direct DAC to amp?

The problem I think is that you're looking for an external crossover solution that measures as well as one in a commercial speaker but afaik the passive crossover networks in commercial speakers are designed and built to match the specific properties of that speaker and external solutions just...
  2. E

There's other options if you look at the diy community
  3. E

I don't think it's worse than minidsp because its purely analogue and much simpler (no adc) but some measurements here: https://josephcrowe.com/blogs/news/xkitz-2-way-active-crossover
  4. E

How about this; https://www.xkitz.com/products/linkwitz-riley-2-way-active-crossover-fully-assembled-xover-2
  5. E

PS Audio speaks

We can have a bit of fun and call the guy out, but there's really no need to be rude. It just gives this site a bad reputation.
  6. E

Amplifier Power: How much do you really need and your system’s dynamic range.

Woa. What do you mean by "struggles"? I have 8R 91db jbl speakers and was just about to place an order for purifi eigentakt rated 200w into 8 thinking it's more than enough..
  7. E

Should I be here, I don't think I'm an audiophile

I'm a musician too who spends far too much time listening and thinking about gear instead of making music. Sometimes I think it's all just a massive exercise in procrastination (for me) over more constructive things one should be doing (and how many times have i suddenly developed a deep...
  8. E

JBL 4349 Review (Studio Monitor Speaker)

this is turning out to be an important lesson in interpreting measurements.. so how does the above graph demonstrate good dynamics as opposed to just having treble frequencies turned up?
  9. E

In other words: Screw psychoacoustics because a big ass speaker with good components will beat a smaller one everytime.. My kinda guy
  10. E

I didn't say one should literally put them on the mixing desk (they would take up too much space for that). yea midfield better of course
  11. E

here's the 3-way version - 4345 (can you imagine this puppy with the new waveguide) there's also a 4 way version - 4350 (definitely no crossover issues with this one!) jbl should have kept them all in production together with the 4349 and 4309
  12. E

Isn't it cause they want to squeeze in a huge woofer into a studio mon form factor? To me they are really meant for the mixing desk and nearfield / untilted listening. at least that's how their predecessors were marketed to me.
  13. E

okay so it's the dynamics which compensates. Why doesn't this show up in the measurements? Or does it?
  14. E

I can certainly see some flak coming for liking and recommending a speaker that doesn't measure well, Mr Harman dealer @amirm can you please elaborate a bit more about why you liked it (especially since you smoothed out the tonality with eq?) I think that might help those of us better assess...
Top Bottom