Recent content by Easternlethal

1. E

GR Research Upgrade for Klipsch RP-600M Speaker (Video)

he said your name! sad to hear he won't be doing anymore flat earther videos..
  2. E

How do we know that? That's why we need a video..
  3. E

But we're not talking about AC here right? Isn't this about speaker current? I can see how reactance can affect the amplitude but I still don't see how it can mess up their timing
  4. E

Yes but what he is implying is that different frequencies are being delayed differently so you get smearing.. at least that's what I think he's saying
  5. E

There's not a lot of supporting material in his video but it sounds like he's saying that EQ alone doesn't fix phase issues (smearing?). But I'm not sure how something like a crossover would cause an electrical signal to smear in the time domain. Anyway I'm enjoying these back and forth...
  6. E

Testing Open Power Cord interference in Interconnect Cables (video)

Brilliantly timed video. Out 1 day after Danny's attempt to ridicule the test
  7. E

GR Research LGK 2.0 Kit Speaker Review (video)

I don't understand why some people don't like recordings of speakers. I got more out of this video because it had a recorded example and explanation of how a speaker distorts.
  8. E

Choices of eq+cossover device that is as good as direct DAC to amp?

The problem I think is that you're looking for an external crossover solution that measures as well as one in a commercial speaker but afaik the passive crossover networks in commercial speakers are designed and built to match the specific properties of that speaker and external solutions just...
  9. E

There's other options if you look at the diy community
  10. E

I don't think it's worse than minidsp because its purely analogue and much simpler (no adc) but some measurements here: https://josephcrowe.com/blogs/news/xkitz-2-way-active-crossover
  11. E

How about this; https://www.xkitz.com/products/linkwitz-riley-2-way-active-crossover-fully-assembled-xover-2
  12. E

PS Audio speaks

We can have a bit of fun and call the guy out, but there's really no need to be rude. It just gives this site a bad reputation.
  13. E

Amplifier Power: How much do you really need and your system’s dynamic range.

Woa. What do you mean by "struggles"? I have 8R 91db jbl speakers and was just about to place an order for purifi eigentakt rated 200w into 8 thinking it's more than enough..
  14. E

Should I be here, I don't think I'm an audiophile

I'm a musician too who spends far too much time listening and thinking about gear instead of making music. Sometimes I think it's all just a massive exercise in procrastination (for me) over more constructive things one should be doing (and how many times have i suddenly developed a deep...
Top Bottom