Recent content by Earfonia

1. Earfonia

Good sounding IEMs that I tried in CanJam Singapore 2022

Will do, quite busy with work these few weeks. Hopefully next week have time to measure it.
  2. Earfonia

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

Please don't 'Goodbye' me yet. We are not finished yet. Let's get back to the point of confusion here, I shared my own measurement of Aurvana Trio and you said the measurement is uncomplete and delusional. And I'm trying to understand why. FYI this is my IEM measurement methodology and the...
  3. Earfonia

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

I agree with your points that if we know our equipment very well we can do decent mixing even using humble equipment. But it is easier and faster with better equipment. For years I've been observing my personal neutral target (perceived as neutral) for IEM. And I understand with IEMs and...
  4. Earfonia

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

I reference it to my own target, I like Aurvana Trio and I have it, but the tonality of it doesn't perceived to my ears as neutral. I do recording and mixing, so neutral reference is important for me.
  5. Earfonia

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

Aurvana Trio sounds good, especially for the price range. Warm, good bass, and good treble response as well. The 3kHz primary resonance a bit low, so vocal presence a bit laid back. Overall pleasing and enjoyable sound, but not a neutral reference.
  6. Earfonia

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

And that is based on what theory or measurement?
  7. Earfonia

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

So the trend of in general dynamic driver is superior in distortion performance against BA drivers continues. Can we see the dominant harmonic of this IEM? Is it the odd or the even harmonic? My observation so far is dynamic driver usually (not always) have dominant even harmonic. Thanks @amirm...
  8. Earfonia

Good sounding IEMs that I tried in CanJam Singapore 2022

I attended CanJam Singapore 2022 last Saturday and tried some IEMs. Just want to share some IEMs that to my ears sound really good during the short period of testing. Didn't manage to test all brands and models as there are too many of them, but from what I've tried the following IEMs worth a...
  9. Earfonia

64 Audio U12t Review (IEM)

After the 7kHz dip we usually see the the resonance peak at around 8kHz - 11kHz (depending on the insertion depth), I'm wondering why the U12t has such deep dive after the 7kHz onward. Understand that with the GRAS high-res coupler RA0402 the resonance peak is going to be lower, but I don't...
  10. Earfonia

CanJam Singapore 2022 (April 2-3, 2022)

Some very impressive sounding IEMs that I've tried in CanJam Sgp today: BGVP DM8 - Relatively balanced with slight warmness, very nice mids, super engaging. Elysian DIVA - Impressive tuning with 3 level tunable bass level. the mid bass level sounds good for me. Balanced with good spaciousness...
  11. Earfonia

Earfonia IEM Measurement Setup & Methodology

Cool! I will try, Thank you!
  12. Earfonia

DRIAMS Do Come True - the BLON BL-03 IEM

I have some of the BLONs, including BL-03, BL-05, BL-05s, and the Mini. The BLs are all fantastic IEMs. The Mini not so good, too warm and bassy. And all measured very low on the harmonic distortion, which is very2 impressive. If you like BL-03, you might want to try the BL-05S, the more...
  13. Earfonia

Oh that's a pretty cool approach! I never thought of that before. What software of frequency generator that you use? I wish to have frequency generator that the frequency can be adjusted with mouse scroll. REW generator doesn't work with mouse scroll so it is very inconvenient to adjust the...
  14. Earfonia

Practically not always possible to match the T2p frequency for every IEM. Not all IEMs designed to have similar insertion depth, or distance from the driver / nozzle to the IEC coupler microphone membrane that resulting the T2p resonance frequency. I tried to do similar insertion depth with the...
  15. Earfonia

That's true, not for all type of IEMs. My target is for regular insertion IEM, which is probably the majority of the IEMs, and not for deep insertion IEMs like the Etymotics. Under the condition: using the medium size ear tip (~12mm diameter), with resonance peak (T2p on my target) at around...
Top Bottom