Recent content by Dzhaughn

1. D

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

Yeah, but how's the AM radio? Glad it's not too bad, but I'm a bit disappointed in this amp, even so. Tiny class D amps like the Aiyima at $65 do better. Although that particular one has less power.
  2. D

Juson Audio JTA35 Tube Amplifier, DAC & HP Amp Review

It's nice to know that this attractive piece of junk electronics is made by honest people. No one said it was easy!
  3. D

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

At home? :) But, yeah, car stereo is an awfully common experience. Reminds me of a old guy I met years ago, god bless him, who for music generally listened to 8-tracks in his van in his garage. I do not think he visits this site.
  4. D

Cayin Mini-CD MKII CD Player Review

Yeah yeah but look the third harmonic is euphonic, so this eliminates the need for the tube preamp.
  5. D

Nordost SuperFlatLine Speaker Cable Review

It's a perfect match for a tube amp.
  6. D

Sonance DSP 2-150 Amplifier Review

I'd give ya $300 for it. For $1200 a mini dsp flex and an ncore amp best it by miles, no?
  7. D

What do you suggest for portable speaker

Wonderboom 2 is good for size and cost at < $100. This is the size a softball, has a battery that will last hours, produces enough sound to use outdoors, waterproof, and brings deep shame on a cellphone's and laptops sound.
  8. D

This seems like a good place to ask for suggestions: inexpensive but decent "Bluetooth" speaker?

I've recently bought a second wonderboom 2. It's a great balance of size, convenience (like battery life, bluetooth quality, waterproof) sound level, and sound quality.
  9. D

Pass Labs HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

Well, perhaps the folks at Pass Labs (among others) might start engineering paperweights or furniture that, as a bonus, serve to enclose decent electronics kit, say like Topping's? Well, I'm not sure I'd trust the furniture. Maybe a vase as a stretch goal. A nice big vase. Bang and Olufsen's...
  10. D

JBL SDR-35 AVR Review

Just Because Lackluster Sound Doesn't Reduce Audiophile Valuations, Really.
  11. D

Adam A4V Monitor Review

ADAM Designs Accurate Mini-monitors.
  12. D

FiiO BTR7 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

It's Magic. Transformative. And much more expensive.
  13. D

FiiO BTR7 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Performance is ok, but you should have tested this with audiophile grade, low-noise, low-jitter batteries. And batteries made from local organic fruit as well.
Top Bottom