Recent content by dylanmitchell

1. D

Upgrading 2-channel stereo receiver paired with Kef Q150 and RSL Speedwoofer

What are the best music focused stereo receivers and AVR's for 2.1 home theater in the $600 range? TV, Nvidia Shield, and Blu-Ray, in small condo living room. Currently running two Kef Q150 and single RSL Speedwoofer run off a 2 channel Denon D-41 mini hi-fi. Surprisingly good for a litttle...
  2. D

Best portable DAC like M Dac Nano in US

Thanks, I'm going to order a Qudelix-5K. If I connect wired headphones to Bluetooth, can I power it off a USB portable battery.
  3. D

Money no object best headphones for watching movies with emphases on clear vocals

My favorites are my DT 70 80 ohm and E4SR but E4XR would be better for movies and tv. My Nvidia shield streamer has bluetooth I'd try Aonic 215 Gen 2 or Amiron Wireless for movies and tv. Grado GS2000e/ 3000e, Grado SR325x, Etymotic ER4XR, Philips SHP9500, Shure SRH1540/ 1840, BD DT 1770/ 1990...
  4. D

Best portable DAC like M Dac Nano in US

Looking for a portable Bluetooth DAC receiver. Want to use my ER4SR and DT770 80 ohm with Bluetooth. Don't like the limitations of the Etymotic Bluetooth cord and want to use Bluetoith with other wired headphones. $200 to $300 range and built in batterry. ifi Go Blue has mixed reviews looking...
  5. D

Best Bluetooth in ear monitors for running

What are the best Bluetooth in ear monitors for running, hiking and travel in the $200 to $300 range? Something that won't fall out and can handle light sweat. For streaming from my phone or laptop. Looking Shure Aonic 215 gen 2 vs. other options as an upgrade to my Monster Victory and now...
  6. D

Best on ear headphones $150 to $200

I am looking for on-ear headphones that don't put pressure on eyeglass frames. Comfort is a priority; $150 to $200 range. Not concerned with sound bleed. Have Etymotic ER4SR, AT M50, and DT770 but also want ear options.
  7. D

iD4 & iD14 MK II - Audient updated their Audio Interfaces

Does Audient id mixer software let you add gain on iD4mkii? I want to add 3-4 dB for live streaming? My mki iD4 isn't compatible with id mixer software. Can you run a pre-Sonus studio channel or db286 to the iD4 di input? Or do you need bypassable preamps as ID22 has? I would get an iD14, but...
  8. D

iD4 MKII has better output but may not be enough for the 24 and 32 ohm, I have the iD4 MK1 and went with the 80 ohm DT 770 for that reason. My 45 ohm ER4SR's work fine but I'd be hesitant to use anything below that.
  9. D

Thoughts on the MK-II Audients now that they've been out for a while? Noticeably cleaner or quieter? Looking at the iD14 MK-II with two XLR inputs. Besides having a second input, will it be an improvement over my iD4 MK-I? I like having a physical knob for monitor mix vs a software console, and...
  10. D

Audient iD4 Audio Interface Review

Thanks for the detailed review and specs I have what's now called the iD4MKI that's covered in this review. Great amp and a decent headphone amp. If you only need a single line amp and single DI input it's a compelling option. Costs more and has one less output than the ubiquitous Scarlett 2i2...
  11. D

Great info and details. Improves on the weak spots of iD4 MKI and better headphone output. Expect high ohm headphones to sound better on the MKII. Really like my MK1 but it was getting dated. MKII keeps analog controls and brings it up to date. Never like the idea of on EVO 4, I want my buttons...
Top Bottom