Recent content by dweekie

1. D

The IKEA Eneby 12 inch measurements

Looks like there is a Gen 3 now (only 8 inch - 20cm), with a Spotify tap feature and physical auto-sleep switch. https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/vappeby-bluetooth-speaker-black-gen-3-10517371/
  2. D

Topping PA5 II Stereo Amplifier Review

Those tiny Bose cubes made tower arrays sound small and were the ultimate 90's status symbol...
  3. D

The new Schiit Kara seems much better than Freya S, any info on it?

The manual in the downloads section of the product addresses your questions.
  4. D

Maybe not so bad; you paid $100 less (no one is talking about this price creep and new price-point from here on out), and you know the Freya S doesn't have any major known defects. There are a few products I've missed out on in the past that I'm very glad I missed out on...
  5. D

The list of stated benefits aside from improved performance and headphone output are a bit absurd... I will still pick it up as it fits my needs perfectly.
  6. D

Maybe Amir should review movie theaters

Funny, I just saw this video recently about how hard dialogue is to understand nowadays.
  7. D

Roon 2.0 Launched Today - Adds Mobile Listening

Tailscale and Zerotier very easily facilitate remote access to home networks. They do a lot of the work for you to create and manage mesh networks, which is good or bad depending on how much you lean towards independent self-hosting. Being a user of Roon, I imagine you probably won't be as strict.
  8. D

WiiM Pro Streamer

Just got the WiiM Pro and it works great. Currently it's set up for roon and HiFicast with Chromecast without any issues. I'm using one of these cables for coax digital to my dac as it's super short and flexible without tilting back the device. https://a.co/d/7qRVwbB The biggest negative for me...
  9. D

Review and Measurements of Chromecast Audio Digital Output

I meant product functionality being cut off by Google. They've kept the original Chromecast supported forever so far, but they've also cut services/products in the past with little reason or warning.
  10. D

Also expensive now and could stop functioning any moment. It's surprising this thing still works (I hope I didn't just jinx it). WiiM Mini and Pro seem like much better options to recommend.
  11. D

The qobuz app itself tells you what file quality is streaming as far as I know. Hits 24/96 for me from qobuz to cca on Android. What's horrible is that YouTube Music to CCA sounds atrocious; something is definitely broken there.
  12. D

I guess I will keep looking or cross my fingers for a gen 3!
  13. D

I finally found use for this, and it's sold out everywhere. I wonder if the 8 inch model is similar enough. The gen 2 only lasted a bit over a year...
  14. D

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

Whoa, following and ready to pre-order already o_O
  15. D

My DAC just died :-(

This was a run read. I hope you don't end up with a new DAC. It would ruin the ending of this story. :D
Top Bottom