Recent content by Dunring

1. Dunring

Future DAC/HD AMP upgrade

The E50/L50 is amazing, had several and another pair of those on the way this week. I've made a stack for a client with the A70Pro/D70Pro Octo and it's fantastic, but not a great value compared to how great the E50/L50 sounds. I've had the DX series and certain the DX9 will not disappoint, just...
  2. Dunring

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

When one manufacturer offered MQA then they all piled on. I hope this is a start of the equalizer competition for DACs instead of paying extra for MQA licenses which don't do anything. Let the DAC parametric EQ arms race begin!
  3. Dunring

Is there a better way to set this up? Music with no internet

If it's in range, the laptop Wifi may be helpful for one stop shopping for streaming. Musicbee is a nice alternative to media player, just tons more options available.
  4. Dunring

Topping - E30 II vs E30 II Lite

On Amazon they have used SMSL C200 with Aoshida-US warranty 1 yr for $125 and they sound great with all the power you need in a compact form factor. I've gotten several and another coming in today. You'll burn out a DAC trying to run headphones off it with no amplifier. Have seen several...
  5. Dunring

Looking for insight/opinions on Audio Clips --- NEED HELP DESPERATELY

I'd order a polygraph tester on Amazon which are accurate enough, just not for a court of law. Pass with flying colors and settle it simply. Can always return it on Amazon with their policy being so good, so you're not stuck with it. It's just yes or no questions you can make a list ahead of...
  6. Dunring

IEM recommendations

The ones I've had and would buy again: Moondrop Starfield 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 Simgot EA500 Truthear Zero Red They're versatile and could be used for music or gaming. If you can push the budget for the Moondrop Kato you'll be really impressed.
  7. Dunring

Help me choose a DAC

The Topping E70 Velvet should fit your list also. I've got one and think it's got all the features you want. I built a stack with the Octo and A70Pro and it was really similar, and of course no audible difference.
  8. Dunring

in ear with mmcx changeable cable?

Etymotic also makes a line with that design of plug that drops down. I had the Final E4000 and it's a softer sound, not a ton of details. It's like the IEM version of the Sennheiser Drop HD58x if you've ever heard those. You won't get treble fatigue, but not very lively or fun...
  9. Dunring

Spring-Loaded Screw Turns Drywall Into Sound-Absorbing Panels

I was going through bookmarks and found this. It may be help for people with speakers (I just do headphones, have neighbors on both sides with a townhouse). If you're use these with Quietrock, which absorbs 7 times more sound than regular drywall you might get some good results. I've hung...
  10. Dunring

How much should I pay for these two amps?

Log into your local eBay and in the advanced search click "sold item" to see the history of what each item has sold for. Good way to get an idea for pricing locally.
  11. Dunring

SMSL AO300 clicks/resets due to headphones esd while petting cat, wearing socks, etc.

It's a bad unit and likely the ground isn't connected. I had one a little while to test for function and didn't notice anything like that. They have a 3 prong power cord and touching the case shouldn't be doing that.
  12. Dunring

Looking for Affordable DAC With Specific Features

It's worth going for the JDS Labs just for the tech support, not to mention how well it'll perform. If it's got the connections you need, go for it.
  13. Dunring

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

All items are used or refurb except the Woot listing. If it's Hifi-College or Aoshida-US they warranty used for a year also. TOPPING DX3Pro+ $99 https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Amplifier-Decoding-Bluetooth5-0-ES9038Q2M/dp/B09HBJ1WK6/ SMSL AO200 Digital Power Amplifier $139...
  14. Dunring

Is there an electrical risk to headphones to run them off a LINE OUT port, directly off something like a DAC, that isn't intended for direct playback?

I've seen a couple of burned out DACs and each time the seller said it just suddenly stopped working. Both included double RCA to 3.5mm female so they could run headphones direct off them. I've seen manufacturer warnings not to do it in a manual too. Someone here I'm sure knows the technical...
  15. Dunring

A Call For Humor!

There was a few other good ones on a similar page to get them.
Top Bottom