Recent content by DuncanTodd

1. D

Emotiva Airmotiv B1+ Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

It can stand on the floor without additional stands but it's quite small and light from what I understand. It's 2-way and adds an extra 5-1/4” midwoofer. Many don't like the exterior design of the Airmotiv series which was not mentioned here, but I suppose it makes sense as the focus is on...
  2. D

They are very popular on AVSForum. Nice to see the review concurs.
  3. D

They have the T0 which is sort of a bookshelf in a larger cabinet (like a small tower).
  4. D

Anthem AVM60 Review (AV Processor)

Like Mike-48 said, ARC doesn't measure (I think I read the new ARC is supposed to add that feature at some point). From what I've seen on the new models at least, there is an issue with the mic calibration volume on windows. Windows sets it well below what should be, which caused many folks to...
  5. D

The thing is there hasn't been a single AVP that measured well here. Your AVM is at least not as expensive as the other ones :)
  6. D

Do Fancy Audio Cables Make a Difference? (video)

Thanks for the video amirm. Liked the written review back then too. A few potential "issues" on educating people: 1) For the person who is on the fence between what audiophiles and dealers tells him this could be a nudge to the right direction, but one cable review may still keep him on the...
  7. D

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/integrated-amplifier/loxjie-a30-class-d-amplifier-infineon-ma12070-bluetooth-50-2x80w-4-ohm-p-14817.html I'm sure when they have it, it will be available in other places too.
  8. D

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

They can't seem to keep up with the demand or make small production runs. The French audio site has it with an ETA for end of February.
  9. D

The most likely possibility. The only hurdle in that case if one absolutely insists he has to have ARC and not Audy.
  10. D

Yup. Only in the AVP category, I believe every single one of them came out short in the measurements...MP, JBL, Anthem, Arcam. Maybe varying level of failure but still failure. Some may have been improved in some aspects with firmware updates since. I guess given the above, the way to go is a...
  11. D

Where did they say that?
  12. D

Yep. The switch part is what I was missing. Now I got to two bookmarked, so I'm theoretically prepared for when I'll need to do such :D I have an SPL meter so I can get pretty close with level matching I believe.
  13. D

There are people who swear to be getting a huge improvement when they switched to this or that amp Sounds like the perfect home comparison. I will bookmark this switch too. Thanks!
  14. D

Awesome, thanks. Can a switch box cause any sort of deterioration? I mean, do I need to make sure I get a specific brand? This is the only way I would trust myself with comparing, anything that involves even a few seconds of "downtime" when moving from one to the other would not work for me.
  15. D

I know I can cause I'm such a skeptic :) May not be true to others. I got a DAC to see if I can tell the difference bewteen using my CD player connected directly to the amp or with it going through a DAC first. I can safely say that at least with the level of other equipment I have and my...
Top Bottom