Recent content by Dumdum

1. D

I found out how to make the strongest subwoofer sound

Doing what? Having decent bandwidth? Sorry but you don’t know how to design and tune subwoofers if you think that… it doesn’t matter what systems you used, it doesn’t make you some kind of yoda for subwoofers clearly
  2. D

UMIK-1 or any USB MIC unsuitable for timing measurements?

A Dayton xlr mic and a Scarlett solo or 2i2 works very well and is a cheap entry I also make up an rca lead to double 1/4” ts jack to take measurements I use twin rca as I have Dsp and can swap it for a stereos RCAs in cars where I use Smaart extensively for measurements
  3. D

No I mean best from top to bottom of its bandwidth, the 15’s play from 15hz to 80hz perfectly well, box design and subwoofer choice matter massively, plus eq after the fact to make sure the impact is present
  4. D

Strongest is a silly description for that… my two fifteens in 6 cubic ft each would definitely argue that point
  5. D

Rephase, phase corrected put can't hear a difference

Only a 12db filter or 36db filter result in a polarity flip being required… 24db and 48hz don’t require a flip… 6/18/30db make the drivers 90 degrees out so both ways are equally out
  6. D

Do RCA cables have a sound? ChatGPT says they do.

The capacitance and resistance did vary in the three, however we are also told that within reason it should be inaudible, yet we were able to identify one cable with 100% accuracy
  7. D

White vs Pink? A vs C? What to use for level balancing?

Pink noise for all loudspeaker measurements for me with Smaart from it’s own signal generator
  8. D

I made three of the four cables, from cable ranging from 1.50 to 6.50 a metre, the same plugs and silver solder used for each lead I am happy that all cables I made were good, not poorly engineered as you seem to imply should make a difference
  9. D

Oddly… in a blind abx test we were able to pick out a certain rca vs three others 100% of the time, we randomised the channels and switched from one side of the switching box to the other in case it was a hardware issue, but repeatedly we could identify which channel this rca was on… So yes, I...
  10. D

RCA to XLR adapter and amp gain

I think your asking if the overall output will be less… gain will be the same, but half the voltage out… as balanced for example with 4v input… would make more output voltage vs rca input with 2v input
  11. D

S.M.S.L PO100, PO100 PRO & PO100 AK - Measurements (Digital Interfaces & DAC)

Oh my… you’re serious! It makes no difference to the 1’s and 0’s if they get from one end to the other… a digital cable cannot impart a sound or improve sound in any way
  12. D

S.M.S.L PO100, PO100 PRO & PO100 AK - Measurements (Digital Interfaces & DAC)

Won’t sound any different to an optical cable from plastic
  13. D

D'AMORE E660.5 Car Amplifier Review

Helix C four all with focusrite 8i6 (not 2i2 as I said, the 8i6 is 2-3db cleaner than the 2i2) I’ll post up the cosmos measurement for comparison later
  14. D

D'AMORE E660.5 Car Amplifier Review

I have results of my Helix C four and a lot of others… my first tests were with a focusrite 2i2, however when I’ve remeasured the Helix with my cosmos E1da it was clear the noise of the Scarlett was higher than the noise of the amp I will post them up, I am still not 100% I am using the cosmos...
Top Bottom