Recent content by dufferdan

1. D

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

Ya, I have the Snake Oil XLR and it is awesome as my computer desk is packed with my old Late 2015 27” iMac, two other 27” monitors whitch I have connected to the iMac AND my work laptop. Modius/Lokius/Magnius and my older Valhalla 2 all stacked. The Snake Oil connector lets me push the stack to...
  2. D

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

I may have missed it in my read thru, but are the dimensions of the Midgard the same as the Modius? More specifically, can one swap out the Midgard for the Modius when using the Snake Oil XLR Mini Link? well, looked at the Mini Link page and they are apparently listed together. So, for anyone...
  3. D

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

So dumb question: I have read that the Eversolo is based on the Android operating system. Apps can be downloaded, like Apple Music as a “sidecar” process? I thought I saw Apple music as an included app. second, if you can download other Android apps, I think i saw you should use the tablet...
  4. D

I get that. I also have a tuner and potentially a turntable. A proper line out drives the extra amp for the house zones as well. But a work in process.
  5. D

Why do streaming audio players seem to be useless and overpriced bling to me?

To a degree, since the audiophile in the family is not necessarily the only one that likes to listen to music, and those others don’t want something where they have to hunt and peck for the correct appliances to be turned on, making it as close to foolproof is important for usability. My first...
  6. D

Call me waaaay late to the party. I have had years of trying to get the perfect system for streaming files from my Mac to the house. I still have the following kit: Squeezebox Touch streaming lossless CD quality ripped CDs (ALAC 16/44.1 for Apple compatibility) for listening to single albums...
  7. D

Schiit Modius E DAC Review

During Covid, I ordered the Modius with the AKM chipset, however it was when the supply chain/AKM fire resulted in the switch to the ESS chip model, which is what I received after about a 4 month wait. Honestly, it sounded damn good, so I have no complaints and continue to enjoy it 2+ years...
  8. D

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

Not sure it matters. I ordered the AKM model, received the ESS. It still sounds awesome to my ears. see above!
  9. D

Would you not run the subwoofer from a headphone amp/preamp section rather than directly from the DAC?
  10. D

Just ran Denon MultiEQ editor app for Denon x3700h receiver with Paradigm Studio 60v5 L&R, cc590v5 Center, ADP-590v5, and Studio Sub-12 (5.1 setup).

OK, I think that kinda makes sense. The ceiling speakers are a smaller footprint than the Paradigm towers, so setting the crossover to 80hz after the equalization process makes sense. I'll check the other sub settings. Mine is an old one, purchased with my Paradigm Monitor 7's in 2005 or so, so...
  11. D

Just ran Denon MultiEQ editor app for Denon x3700h receiver with Paradigm Studio 60v5 L&R, cc590v5 Center, ADP-590v5, and Studio Sub-12 (5.1 setup).

I am having similar issues with setting up my system at the cabin. An older Paradigm sub with no self correction (something 1000?), I set the gain at 50%, and ran the Denon room correction system. All my speakers are RBN in ceiling speakers, solid quality, F L&R and centre and rears all in...
  12. D

Apple Music LosslessSwitcher app for Mac

Just so I am clear, because I haven’t really experienced this except in a few situations: Playing Apple Music from my iPad connected via USB Camera adapter to Topping D70sMQA DAC, I occasionally get glitches at the very start of a song as the DAC adjusts to the new bitrate and depth. Playing...
  13. D

Has anybody been able to use Airplay 2 without the clicks/crackling sound?

We use Airplay at the cabin to play music from our iPhones and iPads via a Russound streamer and Russound distributed audio. We also use it at home to stream via a Topping D70S MQA DAC to our home stereo. Never experienced any forms of dropouts over wifi. The source is definitely Airplay 2...
  14. D

Apple HomePod (2nd Gen) (2023)

I purchased the original HomePod rather late in the game as OWC was blowing them out at times for $199 USD. I bought one, and when I liked it way more than I expected, I went back to buy a second and they were gone. Aftermarket pricing , when I looked on EBAY, was crazy. So we limped along with...
  15. D

Thanks for the well wishes, but I think it is beyond help and permanent. Had it since university years and am now over 60. Been watching a few YouTube videos on it and like some say, it has good days and bad. But never leaves you.
Top Bottom