Recent content by dts350z

1. dts350z

Multichannel audio on a Pi will get a whole lot easier and cheaper!

Thanks but that thread is old. Old OS, old hardware, etc. Unfortunately, at the moment, Pi 5 and Debian Bookworm are pretty bleeding edge. That's why I'm having trouble finding the correct information.
  2. dts350z

Multichannel audio on a Pi will get a whole lot easier and cheaper!

FYI I have Pi 5, running bookworm (the default OS) and can get 8 channels via HDMI, however the channel order is wrong and despite hours of googling I haven't found how to fix it. There are layers and layers of audio software, which adds to the confusion. I "think" there is (by default) ALSA at...
  3. dts350z

Digital Back For Film SLRs

why not a used DSLR and an FD to EF adapter (if the point is to keep using your FD lenses). Used T3i with reasonable shutter count should be maybe $300? My other hobby is astoimaging so I mostly bought astromodified (ir filter mod) for around $400.
  4. dts350z

Does airplay 2 support high resolution audio?

There is (or was) a way to sneak dts encoded autio (so more channels, not higher resolution) because it is/was bit perfect at 44.1Khz 16bits. Newer apple TVs insisted on trans-coding everything to 48Khz, so broke dts encoded 44.1 content. I haven't kept track of recent hardware, still having...
  5. dts350z

Insanely Expensive Audio

If you stop enjoying the music and are stressing too much about this or that setting or tweak, then you have spent too much. IMHO.
  6. dts350z

Who here has immersive (systems with height or upward facing speakers) systems

I'm interesting in connecting with people that have immersive sound systems and are interesting in testing and giving feedback on different stereo to immersive surround upmix techniques. Yes we have Dolby Atmos, DTS X, and (some of us) Auro 3D, each with their own upmix, but what if there could...
Top Bottom