Recent content by dtaylo1066

1. D

All Aboard the FiiO K9 Pro Hype Train

I'll wait until Amir measures. In that price range there are a ton of terrific options.
  2. D

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

I am not debating the subsequent iteration's superiority, simply stating what I heard in the Madisound room at GABF years ago. And you are talking about the acoustics of a hotel room. I am a big fan of SEAS drivers, and have a wonderful two-way monitor with some of their older drivers. All...
  3. D

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

I heard an earlier version at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest maybe five or six years ago. It was a good sounding speaker, but I was not blown away.
  4. D

Emotiva XMC-2 Review (AV Processor)

3 grand for crap. Nuff said.
  5. D

Audioengine B-Fi Review (Streamer)

I'll keep my Tinker Board and Volumio, thank you.
  6. D

$575,000 (Spare Arm Tube Included)

I bought two, as I wanted one for a backup, though for $900,000 I was thinking instead of just hiring bands to come and play in my house.
  7. D

All Aboard the FiiO K9 Pro Hype Train

WolfX measurements of the early production/pre production unit do not bode well. For 800 clams it has to do better.
  8. D

Vintage vs New Turntable?

How much do you want to spend? Look at Orbit, and you can get a TT with a phono stage built in.
  9. D

CD vs hi-res

Try blind testing different beers and see what you believe changes.
  10. D

CD vs hi-res

I have a limited number of hi-rez tracks. I believe they sound superior, but I also believe they were better recorded/engineered. They are not mainstream artists.
  11. D

Revel W990 Review (in-wall speaker)

Certainly is not true in your case, and a few others. I should have been more clear in terms of generalizing.
  12. D

Revel W990 Review (in-wall speaker)

Thank you for testing these in-wall units. The results are surely interesting. I wonder: If someone is purchasing in-wall speakers, are they really expecting or even caring about flat frequency response, or sound comparable to traditional speakers? I doubt it. I think they are first and...
  13. D

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

How about the Cambridge Audio Dac Magic 200. Lots of features, $499, balanced out, just no remote.
  14. D

Introducing Directiva - An ASR open source platform speaker project

I am going to build this Nelson Pass designed DIY x-over. It may be worth a try on this speaker. https://diyaudiostore.com/products/diy-biamp-6-24-crossover
Top Bottom