Recent content by dstep259

1. D

Sennheiser HD650 Upgrade

I've never heard of Meze. They do look nice. If I continue down the road of more hardware I think it would be more just for the fun of it than it would be to search for what I consider the perfect sound. I do think it would be nice to get another pair of closed back headphones at some point, but...
  2. D

Sennheiser HD650 Upgrade

I think the D90 was also sold out at the time my I was looking, and I wanted something right away since my only amp (my Magni) was broken. That's why I didn't get a Magnius to go with the Modius. It was a 2 month wait time on it. I'd be fine waiting if I already had something that worked. Funny...
  3. D

Sennheiser HD650 Upgrade

Thanks for the info. I actually did look at the D90 when I was doing my research, but it seemed like it was a little pricey for my current experience level. I know I'll upgrade to something like that one day. I have a sibling that I'll probably end up donating a lot of my cheaper hardware to as...
  4. D

Sennheiser HD650 Upgrade

OK. I'll look into those. I don't really know much about any headphones other than brand names. The HD650 is the only 'nice' pair of headphones I've used before, so I guess I don't really know if I would prefer those to something that has more treble focus. I'd want them to sound good for gaming...
  5. D

Sennheiser HD650 Upgrade

ok thanks for the info all
  6. D

Sennheiser HD650 Upgrade

Yes I did see the other two. I think those cost money, but if it's that important to use it then I'm OK with buying one of them. Just gotta learn how to use it all.
  7. D

Sennheiser HD650 Upgrade

I am just running my DAC USB to my PC right now. That's the only source I'm using. Yeah I've heard of the HD800s before. Those are probably right at the top of what I would want to spend. I know I have a lot to learn before I start throwing too much money into the hobby. I don't know what PEQ...
  8. D

Sennheiser HD650 Upgrade

I am a new audiophile. My starter setup was a Sennheiser HD650 and a Modi/Magni stack. I recently upgraded my stack due to my Magni taking a power surge and dying. I got the Modius and Drop+THX AAA 789. Was going to go with a Magnius but they were on a 2 month wait time. My question is where do...
  9. D

Balanced XLR For HD650

I'm looking to swap the SE cord that comes with the HD650 for a balanced 4pin XLR. There doesn't seem to be many options out there, and the prices vary greatly. Any recommendations? I tried looking for old posts on this, but I just kept finding posts about people making their own cables. I do...
Top Bottom