Recent content by Dreyfus

1. Dreyfus

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

@antcollinet Indeed, I was referring to the input stage. My DAC is an EX5 with 2.1V of line level. I was just asking since I'd like to know how much of the volume range in percent I can effectively utilize to control the total volume of the chain without driving the amp input into clipping. The...
  2. Dreyfus

Use a 5V to 12V USB Cable as a Trigger for an Amplifier

Ok. Thanks for the feedback, though.
  3. Dreyfus

Use a 5V to 12V USB Cable as a Trigger for an Amplifier

@MrWasheeWashee Any updates on that case, yet? :)
  4. Dreyfus

Does anyone know how much input voltage the V3 can handle without clipping?
  5. Dreyfus

Is this site about AUDIO Science Review, HiFi S.R., or MEASUREMENT S.R.?

All three to some extent. Depends on your specific interests.
  6. Dreyfus

Mission QX-2 MKII

Just in case anyone is looking for more data: https://www.mission-deutschland.de/fileadmin/mission/pdf/204_Kompaktboxen_Mission_QX_2_MK2_Audio_2022-02_lowres_pdf.pdf https://www.mission-deutschland.de/fileadmin/mission/pdf/Mission_QX-2_MKII_HFW_Mar22.pdf
  7. Dreyfus

Given a set of Mission QX-2 MKII with roughly 88 dB sensitivity in a rather small room, would you prefer the 32V psu over the 48V PSU for better volume control range on the pot? The DAC will be a Topping EX5 by the way. SNR will probably be best when cranking the amp up and controlling the...
  8. Dreyfus

Drop THX-789 Volume pot replacement?

That's the stuff I used, actually. But the newer one w/o the T6.
  9. Dreyfus

I am pretty sure that my unit had this issue even without the DAC connected to the input. But I will check that once again when the issue reoccurs. Did not hear any cracks since the last cleaning. Knock on wood. :)
  10. Dreyfus

Then why does it get better when I turn the knob a few rounds left and right once the crackling occurs (everytime when changing volume)?
  11. Dreyfus

Hey there, pretty much the same problem with my Monolith AAA 887 here. First run with some cleaning spray did only fix the issue for about two weeks. Then, the crackling got even worse. I disassembled the unit a second time yesterday, placed the unit with the front pointing down on the table...
  12. Dreyfus

Review of Fosi Audio K5 Pro DAC Amplifier Working with PS5

What is the typical SNR/THD for the mic-in with an ordinary electret capsule? Also: How high is the provided plug-in-power (V_bias) under load condition? Regards
  13. Dreyfus

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

Is there any significant drawback running the Monolith 887 with only around 1V of input to lower the level for very sensitive IEM?
  14. Dreyfus

Motu M2 Review (Audio Interface)

Thank you for the thorough explination! :)
Top Bottom