Recent content by dragonspit4

1. D

Tom Christiansen Audio HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

oh, you should ask amirm to update the picture on this forum (first page) to the final production pictures. The current pictures makes the amp looks a bit "cheap" (if you get what i mean). Just a suggestion.
  2. D

is there a pot that allows for ±1 dB channel tracking? If there is, how much would it cost?
  3. D

in Large quantity: so RK-271 about $15 and RK97 about $3 but.. I mean it's only $12 difference? does RK97 perform way worst than RK271? Thankfully, HPA-1 uses RK271 and has an additional support bracket for the volume pot. I am not sure but I can imagine the support bracket for volume pot...
  4. D

I was wondering, if RK-271 pot is so great. why don't DROP use it? Is the RK-271 pot very expensive?
  5. D

Thanks. Do you know what volume pot it is in DROP's 789? I assume it must not be RK27 volume pots right?
  6. D

I used to own DROP THX 789 amp, after close to 1 year of use, when I turn the volume pot, sometimes my left channel cracks a bit when turning the knob. This only happens during turning the knob, after the volume is set, the cracking sound from my left channel is gone. I read somewhere on...
  7. D

Review and Measurements of Aune X1S DAC & Amp

Too bad it's not balanced. Otherwise it takes the price/performance crown.
  8. D

Overview of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Does this issue for all headphones or iems only?
  9. D

Review and Measurements of SMSL M10 DAC & Amp

I thought you bought one? Did you return yours?
  10. D

Review and Measurements of KORG DS-DAC-100

@amirm You should change the pricing of this unit to around $150-180 because it is a discontinued product. Is the original retail price around $400ish?
  11. D

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

basically, high profit $$$.... this unit has super high profit
  12. D

I wonder how many people buy through dealers, compared to buying direct through internet? My guess is majority of people buy through internet.
  13. D

Why does this DAC cost so much $1895 with no balanced? How much is the profit? Gosh.....
  14. D

Steve Guttenberg compares subjective and objective reviews

This is pretty interesting. How about for headphones, can the same thing be done Can we measure all the frequency response of different headphones (from same brand or different brand), and determine which one sounds the best? (determine best headphone by frequency response) and make an objective...
  15. D

Steve Guttenberg compares subjective and objective reviews

Nice pictures! Can we measure all the frequency response of different speakers (from same brand or different brand), and determine which one sounds the best? (determine best speaker by frequency response) and make a objective claim that one speaker is superior in sound compared the others?
Top Bottom