Recent content by Draculr

1. D

Meze 109 Pro

At the moment I've got a very, very slight EQ to bring the treble down and after that I can safely say they beat out the HD600 on vocals. I just used the last two EQ filters from oratory1990. I'm starting to agree with the folk who say I can just stop looking for other audio gear and just enjoy...
  2. D

Meze 109 Pro

I just got mine, love them so far. I was looking for an upgrade from the HD600 that still had natural vocals. The various planar headphones I tried just didn't do it for me, they all seem to give vocals a much more thin presentation. I didn't want to mess with the focal clear even though it's...
  3. D

Added a Genelec 7040A sub to my 8030C monitors

I have all the switches off with the speakers on those stands however without a sub handling the low frequencies the system had a fair bit of reverb. 90% of that is gone and I'm currently just running a simple hand made EQ based on my measurements to pull down a couple of frequencies (I have to...
  4. D

Focal Elegia Review (Closed Back Headphone)

With EQ this was one of my favourite headphones. Amir's listening notes seem to match my experience exactly. Although I despise the focal headband design so I got rid of it. Why put alcantara on the headband and also make it non-replaceable? Not only does it look gross it's probably not very...
  5. D

This is my measurement of the left channel with no EQ, right is very similar. The biggest thing I did which improved my measurements was those speaker stands I linked above. My speakers are raised 27cm from the desk so that the point between the tweeter and woofer is level with my ear. I used...
  6. D

That's true. I end up going back and forth between EQ on and off and turning a low shelf boost on and off. It's nice to always be able to go back to flat just to keep your ears calibrated :)
  7. D

About 900mm from each speaker. They're placed just beside my 34" monitor on these desk stands: https://www.soundseasy.com.au/products/wavebone-gemini-height-adjustable-table-top-speaker-stands
  8. D

I've actually gone back to using them without any EQ at the moment. All the switches are set to default. I find there's just a tiny bit more heft to the low end without any EQ without anything standing out as being not right. Before I added the sub I couldn't run them without EQ due to there...
  9. D

It's about 3.5 x 3.7 meters. There's also a bed behind me which acts as a good sound absorber :)
  10. D

I've been rocking my Genelec 8030C monitors for a few months now thanks in large part to the ASR review and measurements and I've been very, very happy with them. I always calibrate my setup using a UMIK-1 and REW and they just sound perfect. The effect they have of bringing the singer forwards...
  11. D

Sundara on ID4 MKII?

K612 Pro looks interesting, I'll have to look into that more.
  12. D

Sundara on ID4 MKII?

I currently am looking for a good mid range headphone to go with my Audient ID4 MKII which currently drives my Genelec 8030C monitors. I'm looking for something that I can throw on mostly for watching tv shows and movies at night, otherwise most critical listening is done on the 8030C's. I...
  13. D

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

I don't have them back to back to be sure but I was never impressed with the low end of the T7v and that opinion seems to be validated in other reviews I read after owning them. The Genelecs on the other hand do impress me and satisfy me enough even playing Hans Zimmer etc. whose tracks require...
  14. D

I picked up the BStock units on their site and after shipping, GST and customs it ended up being around $1600AU. Not bad considering they go for $2300-2400 here. Even though they're bstock they look brand new, not a mark or anything on them. I felt more confident shipping these over here due to...
  15. D

Small would not be a word I'd use to describe them. They're definitely not any "smaller" than other speakers I've had in the past such as the 305P's and T7V's. I have them now set up in a near field environment so the soundstage is limited by that but I feel it's an easy way to get more accurate...
Top Bottom