Recent content by DR3

1. DR3

PS Audio PowerPlant 3 Review

I've done this with my P5, which is an old larger model (more like a P12) and it works as advertised. With a VARIAC on the input, it did regulate low voltages (e.g. 100V in, 120V out). I did not have the courage to test spikes. But most importantly the line harmonics are removed, which are...
  2. DR3

Yamaha WXA-50 alternatives

Do you find the 402 slow at all? I read some 602 reviews stating that browsing Internet Radio could use more CPU power. I have 303 and it used to be very slow to play a radio station a long time ago, but firmware update seems to have fixed that. Thinking of getting a second unit, 602 or 803...
  3. DR3

Yamaha WXA-50 alternatives

The WXA is unobtainium right now, but there are still RN602 in stock locally at good prices. I already have RN303 in the bedroom and thinking of getting RN803 for another system, but I read that it only sounds good in Pure Direct mode (no DSP) which levels the playing field and makes the 602...
  4. DR3

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am an engineer but also an audiophile. So I guess that means I am interested in both specs and the placebo stuff ;) Stefan from Canada (originally England)
Top Bottom