Recent content by Dr Schweinsgruber

1. Dr Schweinsgruber

Nordost Blue Heaven AC Cord Review

I got a fake version of something similar for $20. It appears to rip my socket out of the wall. Now I need an audiophile electrical outlet...or at least a fake one. But, what was not considered in this test was the interplay of the Nordost cable with other cables dangling from the equipment...
  2. Dr Schweinsgruber

SMSL DO200 MKII DAC Review

Interesting, in my case it is marginally quieter than the DAC integrated in my Marantz SACD8005.
  3. Dr Schweinsgruber

New SMSL C-100 DAC

I'd claim that the degree of "clinical" decreases with price. I personally tested the SMSL DO100 MKII and cannot report Loomis' findings on that device. Sounds pretty good but a bit boxed in, albeit better resolving than my Marantz's SACD8005's integrated DAC.
  4. Dr Schweinsgruber

New SMSL C-100 DAC

My friend prefers the C100 over the SU-6: https://www.audioreviews.org/smsl-c100-dac-review-lj/
  5. Dr Schweinsgruber

AudioQuest Dragonfly Cobalt Review (Portable Headphone Adapter)

Is anybody interested in selling their terrible Cobalt at a reasonable price? I'll take it off your hands. I think Amir priced it out at $50. Could even swap for a pristine Hidizs S9 Pro limited copper edition (500 pieces)...which measures fantastically on SINAD.
  6. Dr Schweinsgruber

Hidizs releasing new XO DAC Dongle

Have to disappoint you, the X0 does not flash in the rhythm of the music. Both are totally unrelated. The X0 also blinks without being connected to a music source....just plug it into any USB port. As to sound, it has two standard SoCs: ESS9219C...DAC and amp in one. You find these in many...
  7. Dr Schweinsgruber

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

Goes back to conversation with Sennheiser...and users. Sennheiser are currently not entirely happy with the materials.
  8. Dr Schweinsgruber

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

Probably not, but the Irish ones are likely better made.
  9. Dr Schweinsgruber

EarMen Tradutto Review (DAC)

https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2665:earmen-tradutto-digital-to-analog-converter-measurements&catid=434&Itemid=577
  10. Dr Schweinsgruber

Actually, I closed my eyes and sat on the same chair in the same position. But if I can upgrade a poor sounding DAC with my eyes, that's fantastic. Considering the large price difference between a $150 CAD and an $800 DAC, there should be a huge sonic difference, I am not worrying about...
  11. Dr Schweinsgruber

Amir, I did some extensive listening and also A/B-ed against the Cirrus DAC in my $1400 CAD Marantz SACD player...and found both pretty similar. I could take the listening duty off your hands and compare the Tradutto to any $150 DAC that is superior in your opinion. Could even do a Youtube...
  12. Dr Schweinsgruber

Shanling UA2 Aborted Review (DAC & Amp)

Must be broken. The output of mine is huge...used with a MacBook.
  13. Dr Schweinsgruber

Hidizs S9 Pro release

Has been measured here: https://hiendportable.com/hidizs-s9-pro-english-review/
Top Bottom