Recent content by dpdp

1. D

USB vs Coax input to DAC

Thanks, but in this case that is not an option, as the input is already used. I imagine it would be of equal quality.
  2. D

USB vs Coax input to DAC

Thanks. That´s what I wanted to hear.
  3. D

USB vs Coax input to DAC

Hi, have an RME ADI2 DAC which is connected to my iMAC via USB. There is only one USB input socket on the DAC. I have added another source, an old Macbook, which I have connected to the DAC´s Coax input using a USB/SPDIF converter, an old HagUSB. Should that make any difference to the sound...
  4. D

iTunes vs Audivarna

Assume iTunes and Audivarna are being played at CD quality (e.g. Apple lossless) on a Mac, which feeds a DAC via USB, with settings at their optimal levels. Should they sound the same?
  5. D

Amazon Music HD front end

Thanks, that´s what I had thought. Ideally, for ergonomic reasons, I would prefer to use a separate source. For example, I can get a cheap Denon DNP 800 which would feed the DAC via Toslink. Should it sound the same?
  6. D

Amazon Music HD front end

Hi, I have just subscribed to Amazon Music HD, which I am currently listening to from the Amazon app on my all-purpose iMac, connected via usb to my RME ADI-2 DAC; which feeds PMC result6 speakers and 2 REL subwoofers. It already sounds very good. Assuming I switch off all other audio sources...
Top Bottom