Recent content by DownUnderGazza

1. DownUnderGazza

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

Can I use the MA software with my Earthworks M30 measurement mic? (I have it’s calibration file) I’m considering getting 2x kh120-2 and a kh750 sub fed by a MiniDSP SHD Studio.
  2. DownUnderGazza

DIY Surround Pre-Pro: Apple Logic Pro + Dolby Atmos

Absolutely, several interfaces could be combined into a single ‘virtual interface’. The cost of Focusrite Red interfaces is comparable or even cheaper then upper bracket AV processors, many of which have less than stellar noise and distortion measurements.
  3. DownUnderGazza

miniDSP Harmony 8x12 Car Audio Amplifier - Review and Measurements

Thanks for the great review! Only just stumbled across it. Am considering the Harmony MiniDSP for my new caravan which is due in about 3 months. One for my bedroom area and maybe one for the lounge area. Also thinking Focal Flax for speakers. Had planned on going Genelec instead, with MiniDSP...
  4. DownUnderGazza

Is it possible to make a solid-state amp sound like a tube amp? PC>DAC>Speakers setup

Plug a tube based guitar pedal between your DAC or Preamp and power amp. Lots of tube crunchiness to enjoy, tune to your preferred level of distortion.
  5. DownUnderGazza

Best MQA Desktop DAC - preferably ~$500 though up to $1K

MQA is a lossy, flawed solution (increased noise floor and distortion, inband aliasing errors due to poor filter) to a nonexistent problem. Lossless streaming platforms such as Apple Music render MQA redundant. Buy an ASR recommended DAC instead.
  6. DownUnderGazza

AirPlay vs. BT LDAC?

Lossless… You won’t hear a difference.
  7. DownUnderGazza

Very good Step Response from passive filters - without DSP!

Thank you, very helpful PS, have no shortage of measurement systems
  8. DownUnderGazza

Very good Step Response from passive filters - without DSP!

So, if I wanted to create a near linear phase crossover for a pro audio two-way, using say a DBX DriveRack or Behringer digital crossover, how would I do it? (Where FIR filters aren’t available) Is it simply a matter of dialing in a “combination of Butterworth fourth oder and Bessel second...
  9. DownUnderGazza

E1DA Cosmos APU - Teardown and personal thoughts and measurements

Are those TRS inputs and outputs? If so, then there’s no need for XLR connections. That could be what I was hoping for.
  10. DownUnderGazza

I wonder how difficult it would be to ‘add’ the 48V and variable / adjustable gain to the Cosmos ADC? So, a high quality two channel audio interface for pro mics and MM/MC cartridges.
  11. DownUnderGazza

“d) to use a Pro condenser mic with 48V phantom power with the Preamp of Cosmos APU.” This interests me greatly. A pristine mic pre with 48V for stereo recording using two low noise wide band studio mics. So, I would need 2x Cosmos APU + 1x Cosmos ADC?
  12. DownUnderGazza

Fusion Apollo marine head units and speakers

Hi there, I’m considering retiring into a Caravan (or MotorHome) in the near future. Does anyone have any experience with the Fusion Apollo RA770, RA670 marine head units? Fusion also sells a range of matching marine speakers and subwoofers, for which there are DSP correction profiles. These...
  13. DownUnderGazza

Suggestion: more audio interface measurements

Definitely in favour of more pro audio gear being put through the full range of Amir tests! I had a Behringer X32 based mixer that I mixed with an iPad. The app was pretty good, but when inputs were driven hard it didn’t sound good. More distortion or lower head room and early clipping? I...
  14. DownUnderGazza

Genelec 8340 for small cafe?

Honestly, spend on acoustic treatment first, then think about speakers. DIY absorption on ceilings and upper walls would help a lot. I’m sick of bright harsh cafes where it’s hard to hear the person sitting next to you over everyone else’s conversations, who then blast me with their ambient...
Top Bottom