Recent content by dougi

1. dougi

New AIYIMA MM/MC Phono Preamplifier

Variable gain and volume control. I like!
  2. dougi

Movie Soundtracks We Enjoy

In one of Les Baxter's funkiest moments, western biker movie Hell's Belles from 1969.
  3. dougi

How Many Inches?

I'm currently using Heritage Linton's (8") and now some JBL 4312G (12"). Both equalized to the same curve in DIRAC (but slightly less low extension on the JBLs), the JBLs definitely have more slam, which is what I was after. I have a large room (>8 x 12m).
  4. dougi

NAD 50 Anniversary C 3050

Yes you could do that. Probably better that the second amp has a fairly high input impedance so the pre-out isn't taxed wrt current too much. Preout output impedance is 439 ohms so it won't be an issue re any response variation or voltage drop. (i.e. even if both amps had a 10k input impedance...
  5. dougi

Measured effect of op-amp rolling on a phono equalizer input-shorted noise

Noise maybe dependent on source impedance though, depending on the opamp. I did something similar on a similar phono amp (but two stage RIAA) . I used representative carts attached and measured the noise but calculated the S/N for representative input levels (5mV mm, 0.5mV mc) for two opamp...
  6. dougi

Kiwi Siren Battles!

Woah. It must sound awful through those PA style horns.
  7. dougi

Turntable gift from the US to Australian Prime Minister

What model VPI is the gift? Seems bespoke as it doesn't resemble any of the current product line.
  8. dougi

He has the nickname "DJ Albo" but I have no idea whether he already has a turntable/s or not.
  9. dougi

Anyone with any more detail? Likely a VPI of some sort? He has been known to do some dogy DJing, not sure a VPI would be any good for that! "President Biden will gift prime minster Albanese a custom signature turntable from a family-owned American audio manufacturer that includes a special...
  10. dougi

Introducing the Phono Cartridge Measurement Library

I will try side 1. I can't remember which one I used for the older post.
  11. dougi

I put my 2M Blue back on and set it up again. More top end lift but still not the same as the other measurements. Side 2 first track.
  12. dougi

NAD C3050 LE Measurements

I'm enjoying using it and its flexibility means I use it in a number of ways: - LP with mm cart into phono input - LP with mc cart via a step-up transformer into phono input - LP via phono stage to line in, or to optical in via RME ADI-2 PRO ADC - Using the internal amp or the pre-out to my...
  13. dougi

Similar to my (first cart attempt) measurement but with more droop after resonance on mine. As you said in your first measurement, sensitive to setup.
  14. dougi

Help: NAD C3050 paired with KEF R3's

The initial firmware, at least for the LE version, had a max preamp gain of 0dB. This was subsequently changed to +12dB. It may be the same in the non LE version, despite the lack of BLUOS. Try a manual firmware update and see if it appears louder afterwards. The UcD amp modules cope with 2...
  15. dougi

Let's stop calling Class D amplifiers "efficient" when they are not.

My NAD C3050LE integrated with all of its DSP and Hypex UcD modules, consumes: ~ 0.2W in deep standby ~ 2W in normal standby ~15W on but with speakers "off" ~ 23W on with speakers set to "A". The last two are interesting, as it seems it is doing something a bit more than operating a relay when...
Top Bottom