Recent content by Dougey_Jones

1. Dougey_Jones

Revel C208 or C205 for my specific room size.. Help!

Yep, it’s fucking huge, it’s like half an F208 laid sideways, which is prolly why it’s awesome.
  2. Dougey_Jones

Emotiva XMC-2 AVP Review (Sample 2)

This post didn't age well.
  3. Dougey_Jones

Best AVR DACs to date?

People make it seem like this is a worthwhile solution, but I've used an HTPC for twenty years and I'd still never do this.
  4. Dougey_Jones

This is the feedback I was hoping for, thank you.
  5. Dougey_Jones

HDMI and DACs not evolving

Agreed. If this tiny company could afford the licensing all we're asking is for them or someone else to do the same thing that's done by this product, except with more DAC channels and perhaps better overall SINAD performance.
  6. Dougey_Jones

Actually planning on buying a pair of both the M105 and M106 and using one of the two as desktop speakers. I’ll decide which later.
  7. Dougey_Jones

You’re giving me anxiety. I’m about to buy two IKEA Poang’s for this room as a temporary solution until I scrape together however many thousands my wife deems necessary for a sofa. I’ll be summarily executed if the Poangs stay. Pray for me, ASR.
  8. Dougey_Jones

Going with the C208 represents mostly aesthetic issues.. I'd need to get the matching stand, and then with that dominating the front center of the room I'd need to come up with a stand/rack solution that fit either all in the front left corner of the room behind the front left F206, or two...
  9. Dougey_Jones

Any insight on whether crossing the F206's over lower (60hz?) would assist the C205 in producing a credibly authoritative front soundstage. I've owned this RZ50 for months but it's never been out of the box, so I don't actually know what kind of job Dirac does at blending various crossover...
  10. Dougey_Jones

Great point abt the F206 and C205 sharing identical mid/tweeter combos. I didn’t think about that, just assumed that Revel would’ve done an excellent job matching the timbre of the Performa series top to bottom. The whole series share the same driver materials, crossover components, cabinet...
  11. Dougey_Jones

I'm honestly far less worried about the dispersion, given that the room is only 14.5" wide, my concern with the C205 is the lack of authority that two five inch drivers are going to have to drive 70% of my theater setup. I suppose they'll be handed off to my two very capable subs, but can they...
  12. Dougey_Jones

I'm building out a brand new dedicated media space that's 17' x 14.5' and planning on ordering a pair of Revel F206 and M106 for the rear in a 5.2 ch setup. I want to order a C208 because of Amir's glowing review and comments about the massive "Presence" that it projects, but I'm concerned about...
  13. Dougey_Jones

Fleetwood Sound - Deville speakers

These idiots have lost their mind.
Top Bottom