Recent content by Dopaminer

1. D

Why are headphone amplifiers still so important to audiophiles?

Thanks for that. I love what Amir does, and I like that there seems to be no advertising here. However, I know the membership here is very large, and there may be strong incentive to monetize the site. I'm just sick to death of monetized social media, algorithms, and advertising/marketing in...
  2. D

Why are headphone amplifiers still so important to audiophiles?

Does everyone believe the OP is real person and their post was sincere? I am skeptical about a lot of things, and the post was filled with sensational, triggering opinions. Is ASR the type of site that keeps people 'engaged' by posting controversial opinions ? I've recently left 2 other groups...
  3. D

Measurements of Singxer SA-1 Headphone Amp(Preview)

Care to share your experience? I was also searching for the 300ohm output measurements...
  4. D

Lost all respect for Doug Self

This was the most entertaining utterly useless thread I've read on ASR so far. Thank goodness it was so short. Engineering theories I'd never encountered and some interesting use of language: arbitrars, proselytize, pedantic. And what was the point? To insult some guy named Doug?
  5. D

I got mine today (!) and I'm planning to open it up tomorrow and look around inside. I'm also interested in the jumper mod. DAC is Topping DX7.
  6. D

Sorry guys, that $480 was a typo. It was $500 with shipping. The very first ad in the screenshot above is what I purchased, from Shenzhenaudio Store. I'm in Thailand, and it came out to exactly 15k Thai baht, which is $480USD. Then they added approximately $20 for shipping. I'm not sure why I...
  7. D

From 2pm today they started their anniversary sale. It may only be their Aliexpress store. The SA-1 was $480 $500 from $599 usually. The Gustard H16 was around $350 and I was extremely tempted to go for it, but decided to stick with the SA-1.
  8. D

I bought the SA-1 today with their discount. But I don't have Jot 2.
  9. D

Thoughts on scoping planar magnetic headphones and amplifiers.

+1 I am trying to figure out the exact same thing, for my newly purchased Hifiman Arya (35ohm / 90db)
  10. D

I am looking for an amp that pairs well with my Hifiman Arya, a planar, 35ohm and 90db. I would really like to hear from any SA-1 owners - how much volume range are you getting with your headphones? Are you able to get up around 12 o'clock? With this trend of ever-greater output power, I...
  11. D

Is it possible that the sound from the new Hiby R6 is much better than it's R3 Saber sibling?

If you plan to use a DAP as a source for an external amp (as I do), then the new R6 has one crucial advantage: balanced line out. You'll notice it has two 4.4 ports; one is PO for headphones; the other is LO, bypassing the internal amplifiers. This is the main reason I am interested in the new R6.
Top Bottom