Doobrey's latest activity

• Doobrey
    Doobrey reacted to Beave's post in the thread BMR dispersion with Like Like.
    We need to distinguish between the dispersion of the driver and the dispersion of the driver in a speaker that has other drivers...
  • Doobrey
    Doobrey reacted to Penelinfi's post in the thread BMR dispersion with Like Like.
    Minx 22 is likely good either vertical or horizontal. I assume they roll off that midbass BMR to compensate more for baffle step. If...
  • Doobrey
    Doobrey replied to the thread BMR dispersion.
    Could you combat this by rotating the drivers?
  • Doobrey
    They don’t project sound like a conventional cone driver, you can move all around the room and the sound barely changes, like OLEDs...
  • Doobrey
    Absolutely and the small minx12 are supposedly excellent for height channels, philharmonic towers use little $20 bmr drivers in their...
  • Doobrey
    It’s actually far better than speakers I’ve heard in any modern tvs. Minx 22 is a 1.5 way design with the lower unit being a custom bmr...
  • Doobrey
    Noob question, bmr is known for its wide 180 degree dispersion but is that only horizontal? If I were to say use a Cambridge minx 22 on...
  • Doobrey
    It's likely that the LP playback has less treble. I went to a record shop last Friday, looking for Classical CDs. The shop only had a...
  • Doobrey
    You love low fi.
  • Doobrey
    I think so, you’d think with all the noise and distortion it would be horrible but apparently I like it more.
  • Doobrey
    I have no way of recording unfortunately so I can’t show you that. My cartridge and phono stage measure flat so I wouldn’t expect a...
  • Doobrey
    Doobrey reacted to Guermantes's post in the thread Minimum Phase vs Linear Phase with Like Like.
    All of this debate seems focused on the DAC reconstruction filter, but surely the "damage" is already done in the choice of...
  • Doobrey
    Doobrey replied to the thread Which gauge?.
    Yeah I meant like 2 ends connected to the amplifier and then split to 4 at the speaker terminals
  • Doobrey
    Doobrey replied to the thread Which gauge?.
    While we’re on the subject of conductor size, how does biwire add up in awg for example 2x runs of 14 to one speaker would equal...
  • Doobrey
    Doobrey reacted to GaryY's post in the thread Which gauge? with Like Like.
    This is from speaker manual.
Top Bottom