Recent content by don'ttrustauthority

1. D

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity Review (DAC)

Well, then you better sit down when I tell you the truth about Santa Claus .... (I'll lay off all the news people tell you about to save something you don't even have).
  2. D

New multibit DAC coming from Schiit -

Moving a sick kid can overwhelm various indices daily.
  3. D

Leaf Audio PA-03 MKII Review (Tube Preampifier)

I've been lost without knowing how Dolby level relates to 0 db.
  4. D

There are some compromises that must be made to use parts all made in the USA.
  5. D

Hey Amir what if we swapped the tubes in that sucker? What do you think is broken? Can you fix it?? I agree with the guy who said Luxman, but I always think gear looks much better in person. I can see what you're saying as well, but Akai was busier.
  6. D

Cheap NOS/R2R/Multibit DACs that are audibly different

The small size of the market is not interesting to them.
  7. D

This struck me too. Jason and Mike have said the ESS chips were the only up to date, modern? dacs and the others are out of date, they said this when they announced the replacement of the AKM chips in their STILL $99 Modi 3. A thought that if you look at Schiit's long term actions, moving so...
  8. D

Depends on the level of reliability you are looking for. For an academic article or a medical trial I would certainly agree. Uh, no. Never does a major manufacturer pay groups of people to try new products for a pre-launch reaction. None. Just like the new restaurant down the street does not...
  9. D

Price is less than Yggy (now Yggy OG) which is going up in price and up to 3rd gen analog board by the end of year. Garage Sale Yggy going away, the last the gen 1 boards are expected to sell by the end of the month. Yggy OG will be the current model. Yggy "less is more" is a 16 bit ti based...
  10. D

Is data objective? MIT speaks

https://sloanreview.mit.edu/article/for-better-decision-making-look-at-facts-not-data/#:~:text=by%20than%20data.-,While%20data%20seems%20to%20promise%20objectivity%2C%20instead%20it%20requires%20analysis,of%20data%20is%20a%20myth. In the popular 1950s and 1960s television show Dragnet, Sargent...
  11. D

Fiio BTR3 Review (Portable DAC & Bluetooth Receiver)

I agree. Except I'd point out that 'more chances' is not '100%' is not objective. Easy to show to people have two different sets of measurements, which is objective?
  12. D

Blind tests at home. What can YOU hear?

Most readers want more information about a product than a set of mere measurements can provide, but fundamentally the sound quality of a product is an important part of it's utility that should not be ignored. The question is, to what extent to measurements matter? From an academic point of...
  13. D

Does that distorted low end sound give it a 'romantic bloom' or something that is supposed to such?
  14. D

Fiio BTR3 Review (Portable DAC & Bluetooth Receiver)

Totally agree it doesn't matter, I love LDAC, have it in two headphones and two portable devices. I was just wondering where the lossy was since LDAC is lossy. And I like poking at Amir and his "objective" point of view (human beings are not capable of objectivity, around here they confuse...
Top Bottom