Recent content by don'ttrustauthority

1. D

Belden ICONOCLAST XLR Cable Review

Fine. $500. I can't do a blind test I lack the equipment.
  2. D

I am referring to the audibility measurements in this article. Would the measurements in this article be different for a 10 ga vs a 16 ga cable?
  3. D

Cables better go higher than that. You run out of cables, all you get is silence my friend. Cables matter! Frankly, I put cables ahead of the actual music since without cables, none!
  4. D

Will they measure differently according to Amir's tests though, which is the pont.
  5. D

The reason we believe in these 'things' is because I can take two items that measure audibly identically, yet sound different. Take the iBasso dx300 and the Mojo2 on my desk, for example. Through DCA Stealth and ZMF Atrium headphones, they sound much different and yet measure beyond audibly...
  6. D

I'm putting up $100. Anyone who wants this $100 is the one who has to prove it.
  7. D

What are 'all' the relevant measurements? The ones in this article? You're saying the 10 ga and 16 ga must measure differently according to Amir's criteria, or I didn't hear a difference and I made it up because I expected it (even though I expected them to be identical and was SHOCKED when I...
  8. D

I did prove it. I listened. I can prove it to you to. Listen.
  9. D

All you guys want a blind test when you don't need one. If you can't hear a clear difference live switching it yourself then it's not a product you should buy. Why you think you can't tell the difference between two pieces of equipment so clearly because you are overwhelmed by your own biases...
  10. D

KEF LS50 Meta Review (Speaker)

s400 mk II hasn't been reviewed here but the Buchhardt s400 was favorably reviewed here in the first iteration, and has a 45 day trial and free return period. I would say for a preamplifier get the Schiit Saga or Freya in the solid state version, both are cheaper and bargains in their price...
  11. D

The root of audiophile myths (and how we fell for them)?

If I recall correctly, the golden eared audiophile that was made fun of was you guys, at least in the early 80s. I remember there was a caricature of the guy who said he could hear the difference between 0.04% and 0.004% THD, which would encompass probably 80% of all the gear ever tested at AMR...
  12. D

Six Acoustics York Review (phono pre-amp)

His cartridge surprised me, I was a little cynical. Very nice, an improvement on the lower tier but real b&o that came with the table. I'm at my limit for most gear, those the MC are supposedly faster, since the coil is lighter than a magnet and the pressure on the diamond is (exponentially?)...
  13. D

Look at this: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/polk-monitor-40-series-ii-review-speaker.24146/ 13% of price, same performance just eq. That's randomly the first no recommend, same distortion.
  14. D

Bass distortion is unacceptably high for the price at 86 and at 96 db.
  15. D

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Dude, this is an awful no recommend. Products like this, though imperfect, put great price pressure on the $2000 - $5000 streamers. Roon wants my business, don't allow people to charge so much for a Roon approved product.
Top Bottom