Recent content by DonDish

1. DonDish

Most aesthetically pleasing amplifiers

Seems you are right about this being plastic :D
  2. DonDish

solder paste recommendations in EU

Digikey is good to deal with. I bought a bunch of chipquick solder and flux. Check out specsheets and chipquick wsite to find what you need.
  3. DonDish

Lol If u feel this about it, its probably not for you. I wouldnt want an amp like this:
  4. DonDish

Its practial and unpretentious, but still a design they kept and evolved for decades.
  5. DonDish

The wood here is palisander/rosewood. They should bring more wood into designs I think. With these old japanese devices its a nice balance and absolutely not overdone. This is "pale moon ebony" pew! My personal favourite. Price of this makes rosewood seem cheap :o This wood isnt...
  6. DonDish

Analog VU´s is almost always a hit!
  7. DonDish

Fix your RME ADI 2 - FS DAC sound.

Maybe. There was some DC protection functionality added in one of the latest FW upgrades. If memory isnt failing that was one of the major upgrades for PRO/DAC
  8. DonDish

Is Digital Audio Transmission Analog? [video]

The usual blubbety blubbery. I like Hans, when he stick to the facts! When he wonders about he is not so smart
  9. DonDish

DIY cable and adapter making. Looking for others.

Magic of advertisement
  10. DonDish

Silver is overkill if it works or not I think. I ended up with Mogami coaxial bulk cable and Mundorf contacts. Dont remember price, but around 120-150 euros including shipping and a nice cable sleeve. I have some Nordost "blue heaven" here. copper/silver cables. Cant say I can tell difference...
  11. DonDish

The method I ended up with. I put the iron in a vice @350-400c put some solder to it to form a drop. Put a chunk of rosinpaste on the enameled wire end and drive it through the drop of molten tin. Clean the iron between each solder instance, slagg builds up quick. Prepare this setup and...
  12. DonDish

LEMO is certainelly sleeker and a smoother systems. The best you get is reducded weight I think. The contacts are a bit fiddly but OK enough with small solder pots. Some magnification is good to have. I have some fake LEMO´s here. They seem just like the other one.
  13. DonDish

Nice pictures of your audio setup

Impressive! What can I say, lots of love went into that settup!
  14. DonDish

I used to do some furniture woodworking so I have alot of slabs and pieces here. Cherry, walnut and some teak. Plus i bought some oak and mahogany dirt cheap at a thrift store. @MAB like your thinking about using the stuff you have Just bought a dewalt 621 router and my heads spinning with...
  15. DonDish

Nice DIY!
Top Bottom