Recent content by Dominique-T

1. Dominique-T

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

I read the article, this is totally clear now… Thank you!
  2. Dominique-T

It works! Thank you!
  3. Dominique-T

Error 403, access to server denied…
  4. Dominique-T

So, does it mean that Apple Music app is faulty? When I stream with Apple Music, I get 256 kbps, but if I stream with Qobuz, I get around 1000 kbps with the same WiiM Mini… Apple doesn’t know how to properly implement AirPlay in their own app?
  5. Dominique-T

Excellent article, it says it all… AirPlay 2 is not bit perfect and convert to AAC 256 kbps…
  6. Dominique-T

Yes of course, and I can observe the same behavior with Apple Music.
  7. Dominique-T

I got a strange finding when using the Wiim mini or the Wiim. This could may be explain the poor performance measured by Armin when using AirPlay. When I use The Wiim app and Qobuz, when I play a 16bits 44Khz file, I get something like 1016 kbps. When I play the same file through AirPlay, I get...
  8. Dominique-T

Measurements of Gustard P26 Preamplifier

May be I missed it, but does someone knows what the output impedance is? edit: I found the Information on Audiophonics Website: 100 Ohms xlr or rca… Dominique
  9. Dominique-T

Sound engineer's monitoring and HiFi + HT system with active Yamaha NS-1000x, multi-subs and FIR QSys processor in a particular and treated room

The delay is not only a matter of hardware. The choices made at the level of the filter banks will trigger different delays wether you are using LR24 our à FIR 4096 taps. So you have to refine your delays once you have frozen your filtering strategy, dominique
  10. Dominique-T

Sound engineer's monitoring and HiFi + HT system with active Yamaha NS-1000x, multi-subs and FIR QSys processor in a particular and treated room

The link to Loudspeaker Audio: https://www.loudspeakers.audio/en/ this measurement and room correction method completely changed my system… Highly recommended! Dominique
  11. Dominique-T

FX Audio DAC-SQ3 Review

In this case, there is a deliberate intention to confuse people. I already bought 3 Chinese DAC, then for good reason (SMSL story), I decided to stop buying these product. An this fake CE marking reinforce my opinion that we cannot trust these companies.
  12. Dominique-T

FX Audio DAC-SQ3 Review

This FX Audio seems to be one of these chinese products showing a fake CE marking on the back plate… https://support.ce-check.eu/hc/en-us/articles/360008642600-How-To-Distinguish-A-Real-CE-Mark-From-A-Fake-Chinese-Export-Mark annoying… Dominique
  13. Dominique-T

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Yes. I sent it back to Amazon.
  14. Dominique-T

For me, this is at least a good lesson learned. I bought two years ago à SMSL Sanskrit that stopped working after one year. Reimbursed by Amazon. I then bought an Topping E30 that stopped working after 4 months. Also refund by Amazon. Finally, I bought this SU9 from Audiophonics. Showing the...
  15. Dominique-T

Happy end for me, Audiophonics proposed the refund. Excellent after sale service. Highly recommended company.
Top Bottom