Recent content by Dominik Kißkalt

1. D

Genelec 8030C vs Canton Fonum 300 - In room measurements

No, all switches were on default. Room correction or equalizing was also disabled. If you look closely in my first graph of this thread the bass is boosted by 3-4 db in the 5 cm position in comparison to the 20 cm position.
  2. D

I have already done gated measurements in the middle of the room here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/genelec-8030c-vs-canton-fonum-300-in-room-measurements.16826/page-2#post-545115 Results were that now the Genelecs are much nearer to Armims measurements. Also the...
  3. D

So I measured again and could identify the reason for the 1 kHz dip: Both loudspeakers were standing shoulder to shoulder on a box (to get them both on the same height and the tweeter on ear height). So the genelecs interfered with the Canton. When I removed the Canton the 1 kHz Dip was reduced...
  4. D

Ha, didn't know about the controversy regarding the mixing of this song. Or the term hot in this context. Interesting. I will listen to it tomorrow more carefully.
  5. D

Nope. Genelec was 31 cm tweeter to backwall and the Canton 36 cm. But Sbir effects should at around 200 to 300 Hz for this distance?
  6. D

Yeah the room is not ideal. I planned two actions: Filling the space between my coach and the back wall with mineral wool (~40cm, will help hopefully recognizable with the boomy bass) Putting 5 cm thick absorption material directly behind the speakers to fight the sbir effect somewhere between...
  7. D

Thanks for the hint. :) I worked it out and updated my post with the spl curves for the gated measurements.
  8. D

You are correct - they are not gated. I will redo tomorrow.
  9. D

I followed your instructions for the moving microphone measurements with the rta tool of rew on the linked thread. I measured on the mlp @ 2m listening distance with only one loudspeaker playing the full spectrum pink noise. I moved the microphone in circular movements over both seats (like in...
  10. D

Reporting back. I conducted the gated measurements proposed. Loudspeaker and microphone in the middle of the (small) room. Tweeter at ~1m height. All Measurements at 1m distance with 81 db. Measured on axis, 30° horizontally, 30° vertically and -30° vertically. Here the results: So the...
  11. D

@napilopez @andreasmaaan @thewas_ Thanks for the great input, I really appreciate it! I will read, think, measure and report back this evening (i am in europe). The goal is to test which loudspeaker is objectively and subjectively more capable at reproducing music closest to the source /...
  12. D

Ok I think things are getting clearer - sort of :) So when you say the first statement is wrong - which of its equations is wrong?: Flat frequency response (IN ROOM) = Sounds like intended from musician / produce (since music is mixed in recording studios with float frequency response) Flat...
  13. D

Now I am confused :) Are these statements correct?: Flat frequency response (IN ROOM) = Sounds like intended from musician / producer != neutral speaker (since you have more dampening effect on higher frequencies, thus need equalizing / higher pitched loudspeaker to compensate this effect)...
  14. D

When I crop my curve with these settings in REW I get a "nearly" as good looking curve (+- 5 db from 70 db). The difference is for sure as you mentioned due to sbir effects or reflections): Edit: Thought my initial curve was not logarithmic. My bad.
  15. D

The measurements you refer to were conducted with 2m distance between microphone an loudspeakers.
Top Bottom