Recent content by Dogway

1. D

Announcing beta-test of PKHarmonic VST plugin

I share my settings for a tube amp so others can check, the falloff was best guess. In my case it adds character to the sound. I have a question though. Does it resample the bitdepth or sample rate of the audio chain or it works natively?
  2. D

Announcing beta-test of PKHarmonic VST plugin

Thanks for this. It works on Win7 x64 albeit I get no presets option in the plugin, when used with EAPO at least. Also it tends to clip easily so I guess I should use more subtle values.
  3. D

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

And just an expensive DAC, and an expensive (balanced) amp ;)
  4. D

Found it here while researching.
  5. D

What do you recommend me to pair the Qudelix with, DT 770 Pro 32 or 80 Ohm? With the 32 Ohm, there's an issue though, I used the Qudelix power chart and it clips a lot over 1.60 Volts, does that mean I can only use Standard mode (1V RMS) mode in the app? I guess since the 770 Pro is unbalanced I...
  6. D

Review and Measurements of New Topping D50s DAC

USB to D10 -> Optical Out to D50s, interesting.
  7. D

Optical causes jitter issues due to mobos poor audio clocking. EDIT: would work as a lowfi alternative tho.
  8. D

I don't know how I am going to solve the noise issues then, going HiFi for hearing coil whine through the cans when watching a movie : / An USB decrappifier maybe... didn't want to spend that money though. Like shooting in the dark, if that fails then a Linear PSU.
  9. D

Does it make a difference if I power it from the last or the first plug of a power strip as in clean current? Also does somebody know where to buy USB cables or adapters without the power pins? (5v pin and ground)
  10. D

Well I don't know then, the power supply is one of the best, a Corsair RM550, I think a Seasonic inside or a Super Flower, good ripple suppresion. I think it's just how this things are designed. I might need an USB decrappifier at worst. I don't think the issue is with the DAC PSU but in the...
  11. D

Yes, but the D50s is external, the only thing that the PSU should affect the DAC is through the USB power pins... OR the power strip : /
  12. D

Yes, I'm using an external one 5V 2A, but it's not linear. Some people advocate for removing the power pins on the USB connector though.
  13. D

Is the output of the D50s fine for a power amp that feeds 8 Ohm speakers or do I need a preamp? Also I'm having noise issues when the graphics card is on load, I guess it must be the USB, has this happened to anyone?
  14. D

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

I want to buy this, but I need it also to work as a preamp for 8 ohm speaker, should I buy a separate preamp?
  15. D

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

Would it work as a preamp for 8 ohm speakers if used at default current?
Top Bottom