Recent content by Dodgexander

1. D

Klipsch The Fives Powered Bookshelf Speaker Review

Forgive me for my ignorance. Why is it useful for nearfield use to make the LW flat? Is it to reduce bass since it's probable the speakers do not have as much room behind them?
  2. D

Sabaj A20d 2022 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Yes, that was one of the first things I tried. Thank you. I think this was the fix. As it turns out using the recommended profiles shared on here for parametric EQ also fixes this problem. Do you know why it happens only when using my speakers and not headphones, and what do you mean by C200's?
  3. D

Sabaj A20d 2022 Version Owners Feedback

I have still been experiencing dropouts with my Klipsch The Fives and created an audio clip to test it. Can someone using the RCA outs test if there's also dropouts for them too? For the record, instead of using a fixed volume output, using adjustable and lowering it to 70 on the Sabaj A20d...
  4. D

Sabaj A20d 2022 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I have still been experiencing these dropouts and created an audio clip to test it. Can someone using the RCA outs test if there's also dropouts for them too? For the record, instead of using a fixed volume output, using adjustable and lowering it to 70 on the Sabaj A20d 2022 seems to make...
  5. D

Help Needed: Audio Cut-Outs with Sabaj A20d DAC/Preamp and Klipsch The Fives Speakers

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a Sabaj A20d 2022 DAC/Preamp and connected it to a pair of powered Klipsch The Fives speakers, which are used for music, movies, and games on my home computer. Initially, I used the fixed volume output setting (set to the highest level of 99) on the preamp...
  6. D

I would do a factory reset, then re-update the firmware to the latest version following the USB, and then app update instructions on their website. If that doesn't solve it, and you are sure it happens with other inputs apart from HDMI then I'd look at an RMA. Why do I say apart from HDMI...
  7. D

Did you have any luck getting a fix for this? I seem to have discovered my DAC is cutting out via my speakers with a very specific repeated tone in a game I play. I can only assume it's the same cut out you've been seeing with headphones.
  8. D

Great! Hopefully they can fix it in an update. I use my headphones with low gain so no wonder I couldn't find the problem.
  9. D

To be fair a lot of their products do have firmware updates. Plus, we're talking about a company so small it hosts it's drivers on Google drive. Time will tell I guess. For me the device is perfect, only qualm is a audible click when switching frequencies during mqa playback.. Although this is...
  10. D

In the review they mentioned they got in touch with Sabaj who sent the firmware. It's probably a pre release version they haven't yet put on their website. You could try contacting them yourself if you want it but beware with these things, usually if it's not on the website it's for good reason.
  11. D

Latest is pre installed. They have updates on the site for other devices.
  12. D

I haven't tried those Edifies. If you don't like the sound with the EQ then you are not looking for the same sound as most people on this forum and should just use whatever settings you want in the app. You can also use a multi band EQ to achieve more of a V curve if that's what you want...
  13. D

I don't think that will improve the audio quality. If you don't like night mode then you can keep it disabled but don't use the parametric EQ this way as it will not give an accurate result. For someone to release EQ for the new firmware a new review will have to be done. The night mode is the...
  14. D

No parametric EQ in the built-in firmware, only the very basic (and next to useless) 3 band EQ. You need to use software on your computer, or a hardware DSP that supports Parametric EQ if you are to import the profiles and use them. This means you are then limited to use the EQ only through this...
  15. D

I don't think you should use any EQ yourself if you are using an imported parametric EQ. All you do then is alter the most accurate adjustments. Also, the parametric EQ you are importing is designed to be used with the old firmware with the bass-cut mode. AFAIK in the new firmware that is now...
Top Bottom