Recent content by doctorjuggles

1. doctorjuggles

Best 'Bang for your buck' IEM - Poll

I listened to the Zero:Red at the Munich High End show and was very impressed by them, absolute bargain at $55. I prefer it to the Blon by some distance
  2. doctorjuggles

FS: ZMF Eikon Ltd - ziricote with magnesium chassis

3 years old - these were purchased at CanJam 2019 and therefore do not have the ZMF box Ultra-rare (I believe it's the only ziricote Eikon ever made, but I'm open to correction on that). It also has the upgraded magnesium chassis - retail new was around £1,699 if I remember correctly The...
  3. doctorjuggles

DIY cable gallery and discussion

Love the choice of paracord @andrewjohn007! I've moved to selling custom cables, hence no longer posting in here in case it's viewed as advertising. But I love seeing everyone else's builds and I still love making these. My day job means I never get to make a "thing" that exists, it's all just...
  4. doctorjuggles

I use paracord 275. Usually that's a pretty tight fit, anything above that is likely to be too thick
  5. doctorjuggles

Blind test: we have a volunteer!!!

I’ll be meeting him in person this coming Sunday. I’ll ask him his thoughts on this (he is a friend of a friend so I can’t make any presumptions.)
  6. doctorjuggles

Wanted: Topping D10/D10s or Schiit Eitr

As mentioned, any of these 3 models. Preferably UK based if possible but I’m willing to look outside too :) Thanks
  7. doctorjuggles

Wild places, post em if you got em...

Sure, I'll play....
  8. doctorjuggles

Lotoo PAW Gold Touch Review (DAP)

Yeah, multi tone in particular looks poor. It is, however, “only” $170 and can easily transform my iPad into a 4.4mm source, which suits me, but it’s obviously not as good as the LPGT
  9. doctorjuggles

Lotoo PAW Gold Touch Review (DAP)

I have the PAW S1, very nice little dongle (and I prefer it, subjectively, to both my E1DA and my Zorloo Ztella). While I agree with the comments on price, I’m still impressed considering how poorly the rest of the DAPs have measured.
  10. doctorjuggles

DIY headphones cables

I think I've managed to find another store which sells the same one you originally asked about - this looks like it
  11. doctorjuggles

DIY headphones cables

Yeah it’s just wire and very unlikely to go wrong but if it goes missing etc., I wouldn’t back them to care enough to rectify the situation. Not 100% sure it’s quite what you’re after, but I’ve always found the service and quality to be decent at CEMA Electro Acousti. Zeatop and Papri are okay...
  12. doctorjuggles

DIY headphones cables

I've used that seller before and had nothing but problems with them. Awful product, terrible after sales service. My experience was terrible so I'd personally advise against them. There are loads of stores on Ali with better products and services than this seller.
  13. doctorjuggles

How to set up a wired only connection from my laptop to KEF LSX?

Some laptops have toslink built into the 3.5mm headphone out jack. Your manual would make it clear if this is the case - worth checking on the off chance yours has this functionality
  14. doctorjuggles

Thanks @Wortifer. Yeah, you should definitely give it a go. In terms of where to source things, it really depends on where you are and what you're after. If you're UK based I have some recommendations, but if you're US based they'll be fairly useless (but don't despair because the US will have...
  15. doctorjuggles

Curious to know your ROON hardware

HP Gen8 Microserver with 1240v2 Xeon chip, 8gb RAM, headless/core only and with SSD for the database. It serves 6 zones and the only problems I've ever had are with a pair of Bluesound Flex 2i when I use them wirelessly (I had to buy homeplugs - the fault lies 100% with Bluesound, their wireless...
Top Bottom