Recent content by Docteur Poulet

1. Docteur Poulet

PSI Audio monitors - do they measure well?

I'm only using the adaptative loudness because I'm listening music at low level. I will soon buy an Emotiva RMC-1L for a Dolby Atmos setup (I currently own four Rowen AM1C which are really similar to the old A14-2) Of course Dirac Live will be used ! I really really really appreciate these speakers
  2. Docteur Poulet

The room is far from being bad, having said that far from being perfect. I bought these A23 with the idea of keeping them a very long time. In the future, I hope they will have a better room
  3. Docteur Poulet

(please pardon my broken English, I speak croissant) In 2019, I went to the factory for listening some of them speakers. I remember having a really good impression of both A17 and the new A23 which was the best listening even between the Heritage 3 (basically a revamped A25m for the hifi...
  4. Docteur Poulet

I have been directly to the manufactory because I'm living in Switzerland next to it. I have speaking with the commercial and said that the A23 is the state of the art model. He said even the new A25 is not as good as the A23. I came to test the A14 vs A17 vs A21 and went with a pair of A23
  5. Docteur Poulet

I have a paid of A23. It's the most advanced speaker from PSI. Even the new A25 is not as good as the A23
  6. Docteur Poulet

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

Hi, I would like to buy a symmetrical multi-outputs USB soundcard for a basic AVR setup : - source : 1x Ryzen computer - display : an old Nec Multeos M40 - 5 actives speakers from PSI Audio (I'll add a subwoofer later) Does the Topping DM7 or a Motu Ultralite MK5 fit the bill? Is it possible to...
  7. Docteur Poulet

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

For Spotify / Tidal Hifi and cd, is the Flex enough? I'm still hesitating between the flex and the shd studio (I currently own a Sonos Port & RME adi-2 dac fs)
  8. Docteur Poulet

Dirac for already compensated phase speakers ?

Hi folk, I will soon receive a pair of PSI Audio A23m which are phase compensated and have a flat frequency response. I know a acoustic treatment is a better option but more difficult for my living room. Does some of you tried Dirac Live with these kinds of speakers ? Does it work well ? The...
  9. Docteur Poulet

SMSL A300 My Subjective-ish review

Hi! I would like to upgrade my Technics SU-500 Mk2 for a smaller and more efficient amplifier. It would be to drive a pair of Cabasse Sloop 321-5 (~93-94db 1w/1m) I don't want to spend to much money because its not my main speakers which will be very soon a pair of PSI Audio A23-m. Is the A300...
  10. Docteur Poulet

Minidsp SHD Review Updated (DSP, DAC & Streamer)

Hi folk, I'll soon upgrade my current speakers for a pair of PSI Audio A23-m. My second speakers are a pair of Cabasse Sloop 321-5. I currently own : - Sonos Port - RME ADI-2 DAC (AKM4493) - amplifier Technics SU-500 mk2 - phono preamplifier Art Dj Pre II I would like to add Dirac Live to my...
  11. Docteur Poulet

SMSL D-6 DAC Review

Does this DAC keep the current volume information when shutting down?
  12. Docteur Poulet

PSI vs Neumann vs Geithain

I currently own a pair of Rowen AT1, these speakers are the A215M ancestors. Same factory, same electronic. In my 12m² living room, they are clearly overkill. Having said that, very very good sweet spot: larger horizontaly than vertically. I also own two pairs of Rowen AM1C which are really...
  13. Docteur Poulet

PSI vs Neumann vs Geithain

I tried the PSI A23M directly in the manufactory : they sound incredibly. PSI is a really serious brand, handmade in Switzerland, all analog parts (easy to repair) and so on. You should include the PSI A215M on your list.
  14. Docteur Poulet

Recommended DAC with 12v trigger?

What is the music player ? I'm not sure there is a way to do it in the way you're looking at
Top Bottom