Recent content by dmacnlx

1. dmacnlx

Searching for a plan

28” will put the tweeters right at ear level. I guess the extra 4” shouldn’t make a big difference in stability of the stands.
  2. dmacnlx

Searching for a plan

Update: I’m waiting on my Umik to arrive. None available in the city. A bit of a development with my demo speakers - I sent the shop photos of the dinged up driver. In a surprising gesture, they’ve offered to swap them out with a brand new pair, for the same price. That’s far lower than any...
  3. dmacnlx

Searching for a plan

Good point! I hadn’t considered that.
  4. dmacnlx

Searching for a plan

Yeah, I won’t be returning the AVR… I just had to rationalize blowing my budget:) I sent photoa to KEF, they replied quickly. Not sure the position of the person I spoke to, but their assessment of the photos was that it appears to be only cosmetic, and should not affect performance. I can...
  5. dmacnlx

Searching for a plan

Thanks for the quick reply! There are cosmetic dings on the enclosures, but this is what I’m concerned about. I believe a good price at $1750CDN. But not sure that matters in this instance. If I return this set, I’ll likely have to find a different brand/model. R3’s seem to be quickly...
  6. dmacnlx

Searching for a plan

Thanks Rednaxela, I definitely understood the intent in your very helpful suggestions. If it provides a chance to learn, I’m in. I’m curious to see how much I can improve the performance of my basic system. In a turn of events, I took a drive to the local shop, and picked up the last x3700h...
  7. dmacnlx

Searching for a plan

Thanks so much. I’m definitely up for giving that a go - seems I have nothing to lose, and some knowledge to gain. I’ve just downloaded REW, and will get acquainted with it’s operation. My current laptop is an ancient MacBook, but according to specs, it should run REW. I’ll need to find a Mac...
  8. dmacnlx

Searching for a plan

Hi, I’m hoping folks might have suggestions to replace my old base level Onkyo AVR receiver. Primary goal is music quality. Cant call myself an audiophile - but I do want pretty great sound, and never got it from the Onkyo HT-R380. The 5.1 that came with that setup was brutal. I ditched all of...
Top Bottom